Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 25, 2007

Stamping Fun!

I'm getting ready for an Open House on Wednesday night and I have a long list of "to do's" to get ready. But, In the midst of mass production of cards, I decided that it was time to take a break, and work on Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #20. She's got me hooked on square cards, and for this layout, I thought I really needed the extra room. The base is a Ruby Red 5 1/4 square card.
I bought this delicious Fruitcake paper by Basic Grey from Eclectic Paperie. I couldn't HELP myself after I saw Taylor make some really stunning cards with it. (of course I had to help myself to those JOY and PEACE stamps too! More with the Joy stamp later this week.)

Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge has made it onto my weekly "must do" list. It continues to help me stretch my boundaries and try new things.

The stamp used here is from Season of Joy stamped in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla paper. Then I went over all the empty spaces with my sakura stardust pen. The little sentiment is from a retired set from last year's Holiday Mini. I believe it is called "Perfect Ending" punched out with the Word Window punch, I colored in the ornament with my Yo Yo yellow marker and then covered it with Sakura Stardust as well.
Finished off with the delicious Very Vanilla wide grosgrain ribbon from Stampin Up! Be sure to check out the Splitcoast Gallery with the keyword WSC20 to see what the other players have created.

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, you are so sweet! I am glad you like the challenges and started doing them every week. I LOVE your style and am always dazzled with what you come up with.
This week is no different! LOVE the paper and the set you chose. The card is awesome! Hugs!!!

Tina said...

Great card. I love the sentiment.

Tina

Nancy Riley said...

Awesome sketch card! Lovin' everything about it!!!

Andrea, said...

Great card, they are my favourite papers

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is beautiful! Love the paper and colors. I enjoy your work very much! :)

Joy said...

Joanne, this is gorgeous. I love it! Great job on Beate's sketch.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover