Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 16, 2010

TCP Tuesday: Color Challenge Time!

Hi everyone!!! I'm so excited to be your hostess this week for TCP Tuesday! Last week, I was on a pink and red binge with all those valentines - so this week's challenge has nothing flirty or feminine, but I hope you'll agree, its still FUN!

I recently picked up You Say Its Your Birthday from The Cat's Pajamas. I so seriously love these mischievous little penguins!

I stamped this happy little guy with Brilliance Ink, and then set him aside to dry. I stamped him a second time so that I could trim out the balloon for a little "out of the box" treatment.

Using an oval nestie, I diecut the image, then sponged all around the frame while it was still nested inside the die. Lastly, I trimmed out the extra balloon and adhered it right in place.

Is it me, or is that sentiment just perfect? I love it!

I hope you'll freshen up your desktop and play along in this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge. For those of you feeling a little rusty on the rules, or for anyone who hasn't played along here goes:

Here are the deets for TCP Tuesday.
1. Each a week one of The Cat’s Pajamas DT members will host a challenge.
2. The challenges will vary {stamp, technique, color, theme, sketch, etc.}
3. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
4. Post your design to the guestbook on Alma's blog. Only designs posted to the sketchbook are eligible for Swanky Stamper.
5. TCP stamps are not required, but of course, highly encouraged. {Unless it is a challenge calling for a specific stamp}
6. There will be one winner each month. They will be deemed that month’s Swankiest Stamper and get $25 in Cat’s Cash {money to spend on the TCP site!}.
7. Only designs posted to the guestbook will be considered for the Swanky Stamper.
8. The newly crowned Swanky Stamper will be announced on the First of the Month and have his/her winning entry posted on The Cat’s Pajamas website where he/she will reign for the entire month.

7 Comments    Post a Comment:

fairie said...

That is such a cute card. I love it.

Chris said...

I can't decide if I'm happy or sad to see the pinks and reds go.
I hope I have some time and some mojo to get a card done.

Sharon said...

Hi Joanne:I;m not sure where to post my card for the TCP Tuesday Challenge Feb. 16th Colours Olive, blue and ivory. Here it is:
http://celti-crafter.blogspot.com/2010/02/this-is-first-time-ive-attempted.html

Could you let me know where to place it? I don't see a Mr. Linky.
Sharon
aka (celticrafter)

Alma de la Rosa said...

Love this card, Joanne. And love the colors you picked.

Unknown said...

Gah, you kill me with those bows! :) Love!

Julia Aston said...

Ho, ho! love that sentiment and I heartily agree!! Great color challenge Joanne - love your great design on this fun b'day card! I entered your challenge using my newly won PJ bear stamp set!!

Haidee said...

Like the card!!! Thanks for the view!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover