Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 21, 2008

Pinked Out Sketch

I had so much fun with Jen's Sketch for You to Try that I couldn't wait to see what she had in store this weekend. Sure enough, I loved it and tonight set aside some time to see what I could come up with.

I can not believe I still had two scraps of last years "Loves Me" paper leftover for my first card. This sketch made it super easy to pull together a quick card that was on my to do list anyways. This uses the Pun Fun stamp set I used on my Beate's weekend sketch challenge on Saturday but this time, I used the cute little hippo.


She is water colored with Sahara Sand, Basic Grey and Pretty in Pink classic ink (notice the cute little pink toenails!) matted on Sahara Sand then I had a square nestie mat. The buttons are finished off with a touch of pink gingham ribbon. I added shimmer to the balloons, bow tie and toenails with my glitter pen.

I've been wanting to make a tulip card for a few weeks now, since I noticed really soft pretty pink ones on a recent trip to Whole Foods. Tulips in the supermarket remind me that this cold, snow won't last forever! I pick them up every chance I get! And LOTS when they're on sale! That day I lucked out and I bought two dozen for only $12! Hooray. Coincidentally, that same day, Shannan posted this beautiful card to her blog.

This paper is so similar to the Loves Me from last year, this year it is called "Spring Fling." I know I'll be using a lot of this in the months to come. I actually don't own this set Garden Whimsy, but my good friend Rachel does. The sentiment here is from My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments. There are so many amazing little sentiments in there and this little "hello" fit perfectly in that empty corner....

As a mother of two boys, I love any chance to make something really PINK because I don't get too much of that around here! More like Lightening McQueen, Thomas and Transformers.....


Have a great day everyone!!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I just wanted to say how much I LOVE your work!! Everything you do just blows me away. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. You need to share some pictures of your boys...I love seeing and hearing about them. Have a great day. Crystal N.

Juliana said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!
I love all the pink!!
FUN!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable cards, Joanne! Just love them! That hippo is the sweetest!

Anonymous said...

Love that little Hippo Jo, he's so cute!

Kathy W said...

What a great sketch, love what you did with them. Beautiful work as usual JO!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, MY! This is just a fabulous card in every sense, Joanne! I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog!

Janine said...

Beautiful cards Joanne.. Love your site. I finally got my first box from Paper Pretties but still have not figured out my problems with Pay Pal.

Tara said...

both beautiful cards!! :)

(tinxmagic) Laura said...

This layout is ADORABLE!! Love it... gonna sketch it out and copy it out for a card today!
Thanks for sharing... My daughter loves Hippos.. Gonna have to get this stamp!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are both beautiful! I love your coloring on the hippo, the gorgeous tulip bouquet and all the wonderful little details.
Hugs and smiles

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover