Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 1, 2010

You Make the Grade and Paper Piecing Tutorial

Are you excited that today is the preview day for My Favorite Things February release for Pure Innocence?

This month, there are three new sweeties for you to scoop up, and I adore all of them.... but today I'm here to share "You Make the Grade!"

I happened to have just one sheet of this October Afternoon apple patterned paper left, and I thought it was just perfect for a school-ish card. I'm so glad I'm a paper hoarder, because then I always have the one I need...lol!!

I decided that it was time for me to work on a little video tutorial for Paper Piecing. After all, it is one of my most favorite techniques.

(Can I just say that somehow, iMovie always picks the worst frame ever to make the still frame -- am I right? I look frightening in this shot... how nice!) If you'd prefer, you can also view the video on YouTube here.

videoPaper Piecing is a wonderful way to add texture, pattern, color and dimension to your projects. And little details make all the difference. Don't just add the clothes, and leave elements like body parts, sunken... trim out all the extras for a perfectly pieced look! If you're not familiar with the process you can see all the details on my little video right above!

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog today after Monday at 11 am EST for a full list of designers participating in previews for Pure Innocence today!

And, for your chance to WIN the full March Release and join the Design Team for one month, be sure to check out this month's Guest Designer Contest hosted by Frances and Cindy! Entries are due by Tuesday night - so ladies... get stamping!! You'll find the full challenge details on the MFT Member Company Forum!

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover