Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 1, 2008

Copic Time

I have been having such fun with this month's mini set over at My Favorite Things. Its titled "Happy Mother's Day" and till now, I've been doing a lot of paper piecing with it.
This time, I decided to just strictly color it with copics, no paper piecing. I sat and worked on it while my husband and I wrapped up a movie we'd started the night before. We both fell asleep the first night, I tell you, if I'm not stamping, its hopeless to watch a movie. I'm out like a light.
This is my submission for Cindy's sketch challenge that she runs on the MFT Member Company Forum each week. Thanks for another fun one Cindy!

The sentiment "Much Love" is from My Favorite Things "Essential Sentiments." There are lots of cute sentiments that will mix and match with many of the other stamp sets from MFT. I think most, if not all of them will work with the SU word window punch? But this one looked sweet in the oval punch and then I hand cut an oval mat for it because I don't have both of the oval punches, just one.


If you're working with copics, the best advice I have for you is practice practice. I'm using this stamp set for a swap I'm in and its been a great way to work on my coloring skills. I have a lot of paper piecing to do for this swap, but at least I've got a head start. Usually I'm cranking this stuff out only days before its due. Giggle!
Coincidentally, coloring with these babies, is very relaxing for me. A super stress reliever, so the repetition of coloring in all these ladies and their flower pots is an extra bonus for me!
Have a great day everyone!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jillabella said...

Love it! Just might have to case this one, I've been too busy house hunting to make any cards for Mother's day! xoxo

Karen Hanim said...

I think your site is just wonderful!
I love this stamp and the other stamps at MFT. Just the thing I was looking for!
Karen Hanim

LeAnne said...

Wowza, that is some swap you must be in! That's a lot of stamping and coloring! Awesome card, I am loving these colors you are using lately!
LeAnne

Dawn G. said...

Like the card, Also like the little bubbble bath image on your image :)

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card Joanne! I love colouring with the Copics too. I don't have a whole lot so I work with what I have. Usually make it work though! Your colouring is fantastic!!!!
I'm with you, I rarely make it to the end of a movie unless I'm busy doing something else, like colouring or bloggin'!

Jennifer Buck said...

Beautiful! I love this! TFS :)

jjcreations said...

Oh my word....I have never seen an assembly line of swap making like this....you are so SMART!!!! I would have all of those cut out individually already and colouring them one by one. I am seriously going to have to remember this strategy. Joan

Amy Sheffer said...

Gorgeous, Joanne. I love your colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So gorgeous!!! I love the picture of them all stamped that you are coloring!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover