Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 20, 2008

Thankful Hearts

How could I not play in the Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni monthly challenge?  Oh my goodness am I ever so excited to be in the presence of these fabulously talented stampers!

This month's challenge was to create some sort of table decor, or a hostess gift for Thanksgiving incorporating a heart into your project.  

I had picked up this beautifully boxed candle on a recent excursion to Target.  Its a pumpkin scented soy candle, so in addition to being beautifully packaged, it meets my green criteria (lead free wick!) Yahoo!!

I created a little bellyband to cover the label, adding a nestie diecut oval and scalloped border adding the "thankful" from Cornish Heritage Farms.  Then added a little felt flower petaloo love from My Favorite Things.  I stamped the little heart from Cornish Heritage Farms "Heartwarmers" set colored it with copics and then gave it some sine with stickles.  It is attached to a Cuttlebug Tiny tag die and then attached with some linen thread and a button. 

Glitter always looks so much better in person, it has totally befouled my photograph, in real life its so sparkly like a little ruby gem! The whole box is tied up in some pumpkin and chocolate ribbon.  

However, the more I looked at this project, I felt like the heart was really just tucked onto there, and not integral to the design. And, being the
 over-achiever I am, I had to try again.

I still had plenty of this October Afternoon paper leftover, and I had just received my order from Just Rite Stamps of the Brayton font as well as the rectangular stamper.  What a great excuse to put them to work!!  

Following Sharon's Tutorial on Rubber Stamp Conditioning, I cleaned and sanded the stamp surface to really condition that rubber to take to the ink.  I zig zag stitched all my edges on the card for a really homey feeling and then added a Cosmo Cricket chipboard heart shaped button finished off with a felt flower and button from Making Memories.  Although I loved the altered candle, I thought in the end, that this project was really more reflective of the Thankful Hearts challenge.

Thanks so much to Sharon Harnist for hostessing this challenge - please be sure to check the Splitcoast Galleries with the keyword "DCTH1108" to see what all the other Dirty Girls and Alumni have to share today!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

just fabulous! love the rust color with the deep purple on the first project and the dp on the card. it all is just wonderful.

Knit Purl Gurl said...

You're really talented. I want so badly to become an accomplished stamper/paper crafter. I've dabbled, but nothing as creative as you've done!! :)

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS, Joanne!! Loooooove it!

Melissa said...

Both projects are beautiful Joanne, but the candle is my favorite!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jillabella said...

Just gorgeous Jo!!! I can't wait for turkey day now, I just want to gobble up some pumpkin pie and watch movies all day!!! xoxo

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful Joanne! I tried to comment on your blog hop card...but it said comments were disabled from that post...anyhow...It was awesome girl!!!!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty candle and card! I love the sparkly heart on the felt flowers!

Angie said...

Wow Joanne, your stuff is just wonderful. I love your felt accents, and I've been wanting to play with my felt that's been laying around for years. Just waiting on some flower dies to show up in the mail...
Where did you get that yummy orange ribbon? I love it!

Nancy Riley said...

Oh Joanne! You've done such a beautiful job with these Thanksgiving/Autumn projects! They're stunning!

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS! I love it!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

These are both just adorable -- very fallish and lovely!!! TFS!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover