Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 22, 2009

Be Happy!

Be happy! Its FRIDAY! And if you're in the US then may I wish you a Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

We've got a parade, soccer, baseball, swim lessons, and I fully plan on making a big old pitcher of sangria and enjoying dinner outside this weekend! 

In my most recent order from Stamping Bella, I went a little Turtle Crazy! I bought a whole bunch, but awww they're so cute!

This is my Bellariffic Challenge card for this week.  What a fantastic sketch!! This card is totally not mailable because it has a kajillion layers, but it was so fun to work on! I used my Nana's Nursery patterned paper from DCWV that has been sitting around feeling neglected! Don't forget to visit Blogabella today to see all the samples from Emily, the Babes (see my sidebar) and all of the loyal customers that send in samples each week.  One lucky participant, and one of you in the peanut gallery will win some Bella bucks.  

For this little cheering turtle, I stamped her pom poms a second time onto scrap, cut them out and picked and pulled at them to give them lots of dimension.  I thought I'd pair it with this fun sentiment that was also in my order. I can see using this one a lot, and even after all this time, thinking of that song still makes me smile!

And then, as long as I was playing, I wanted to stamp this sweet little Turtle with Teddy.  He just melts my heart.  I kept the layout super super clean, because I loved this patterned paper.  Black accents, machine stitching and a quick bow of black grosgrain ribbon. 

Don't forget when you use a dark color like black for your cardbase, to add a quick liner to your card! You *can* just write with a white gel pen, but personally, I never get even results and then your card is a mess after you spent all this time making it!  So for me, dark card base means just take a few seconds to make a liner!!

Have a truly WONDERFUL weekend!

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Stefanie said...

So cute Joanne! I love these little turtles too. The way you made her pom poms 3d is just too cool.

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I love the poms!

dolcreations said...

Super cute! I have this stamp now I need to stamp him up. Thanks for sharing!
Christine

Sporty Stamper said...

Very cute cards. Enjoy your weeekend!

Lauren said...

big sister--that first one is just layer-riffic!!! yikes. very cute though. happy weekend.sa

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am so behind on your blog!! You do such CUTE CUTE CUTE work!!! Love it all!!

April said...

Those are some super adorable turtle cards. Love the layouts and colors of both.

Shannan Teubner said...

This is adorable, sistah! love them both!

Amy Sheffer said...

Both of these are just too cute for words! Great work, as always!!

Dawn B. said...

These are both so cute. We have so many turtles here in our lake. Love the pop of black you used and the pom poms.. Great job..

Megan said...

This is so cute! I love the tots and I love how you colored him and the dp you chose to use! Wonderful, girl!

Allison said...

These are both adorable. I love the turtles.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover