Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 23, 2009

A secret craving....

I know that I'm often yammering on over here about our organic shopping, and my boys food allergies, but I have a secret craving... and admittedly, its not a healthy one.  Not "a great choice" is the phrase I use with my boys.  

Secretly, I love Dunkin Donuts - specifically, a chocolate frosted one.  There is also an old fashioned shop on Nantucket that we love, called the Downey Flake.  Now, my boys can't have these tasty little morsels due to their food allergies.  And my husband would give me the "hairy eyeball" if he caught me sneaking one... One of my very best friends has a saying about donuts that I just can't even repeat... but really, "Mmmmmm. Forbidden Donut" to quote Mr Homer Simpson.  

Today I have a little donut-alicsious preview for you with the soon to be released "100% sweet" from Gina K Designs.  I stamped those little babies on a piece of Gina K Designs Pure Luxury White cardstock and colored with Copic Markers.  Then I added white sprinkles with my white gel pen, lastly I added a coat of diamond glaze for a real sugary sweet frosting.  Instead of thinking that they're 100% heart attack for me, I'm just thinking 100% sweet! 

Grab a cup of coffee (and your favorite breakfast treat - don't worry your secret is safe with me!) because you'll find lots of previews from the team by hopping around to visit 

We are also thrilled to have a couple of our CenterStage Spotlight Design Team join us in our previews this morning: Carolina Buchting  and Jennie Harper

24 Comments    Post a Comment:

Carolyn King said...

hey its ok...i "unsecretly" love duncan donuts! lol!

This is a yummy card! making my mouth water!

Theresa Momber said...

Oh my! Now I have a craving for a chocolate covered donut! Love this!

Moni said...

It is gorgeous! Hugs,Moni

Lee said...

Ohhh man I'm soooo totally craving chocolate donuts now!!! And I don't live close to any donut place.........seriously delicious card!!!

Carolina said...

Ummm...I think you're not alone in your secret craving - my dad brings one a week to my nephew and he's sweet enough to share a bit with me - his little secret and mine - LOL!

Love the sketch you used for your card - just adorable!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Well arent you just the little devil with your secret craving, haha! But, a yummmyyyy one indeed, and so is your card Joanne! LOVE it! Also my favorite kind of donut...we dont have anything close either, so that is a good thing I guess, lol!

slbt17 said...

nice card!
that is the way I like the treats - 0 calories!
Sandra

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Joanne, these chocolate cupcakes are awesome....just like Krispy Creme makes! :)

Melanie said...

love the circle layout, so cute!

no apologies for loving sweets (it makes us sweeter)

Kurtis said...

LOVE the circles on your card Joanne!

Carla S. said...

Yummy donut card, Joanne! Love the layout and the details! Boy, am I crazing a donut now!

Jennie said...

What a yummy looking card!!! Where is the nearest DD??? :o)

Love your card!

Unknown said...

Yummy!!! I LOVE donuts and these ones are making me hungry... lol!!! Great card!

Melisa Waldorf said...

YUMMY! You are seriously making me want to head to Krispy Kreme!!

Donna Baker said...

I love your layout! you've never had the very best donut in the nation until you've had a Round Rock Donut - they rock the donut world!! Bummer your boys can't have them *sad*

Selma said...

Wow! Love all that chocolate. Fantastic card.

Punkydoodle Papers said...

Now these are the kind of donuts I can have on Weight Watchers! These are darling! I love it!

Jodi Collins said...

These look DELISH Jo!! LOVE every bit of this sweet treat!

emilymomto3boys said...

who doesn't like chocolate donuts?!? Great job, Joanne!

Lori said...

Yummy Chocolate card!

buggin2stamp said...

Joanne, your card is super yummy! I don't crave donuts often, but when I buy a donut it must be from Dunkin' Donuts. And I like the chocolate cak donut. Mmmm!!

You know you will need to have a donut on release night to celebrate!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute girlie!!

Lisa H. said...

yummmmm! no secret around here, I love doughnuts too! we dont' get them very often, but they are sure a treat when we do! I love the custard filled with chocolate frosting! oh, and your card is delish too! love the brown with touch of black!

Kristie W. said...

This card is just yummalicious!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover