Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 1, 2009

Oh Damask.....

I've long admired the Damask set from Paper Trey Ink. At CHA it was in and out of my hands only about a hundred times. As I was packing my bags to come home to Boston, I was seriously regretting not having picked it up. But, I was *trying* to adhere to a budget!!

So, on my most recent order, when I was stocking back up on my essential ribbon - the saddle stitch, and picking up some more buttons, of course, the Damask set just jumped into my cart to join them.

I can't believe that I hadn't yet played along in Dawn's color challenges. She always has such fresh color combinations, that I wouldn't reach for on my own. This combination is simply gorgeous, just **look** at that yummy fabric, but then when I sat down, I started to scratch my head a little (and I was bemoaning not yet having all the PTI ribbons up on my shelf...)

I usually get all crazy with the layers and the stitching, but for this time, I really just enjoyed stamping with that beautiful background, and keeping the overall design clean. Its nice to step out of your "normal" routine now and again. What's interesting is that my mother and sister repeatedly tell me that these types of designs are their favorite.

When I design cards for a customer order I like to try to keep them mailable (my usual designs are pretty pricey to mail with all the extra embellies and layers on top. They usually only just barely can fit into an envelope!!)

Now as you can see, I just can't seem to leave well enough alone because as I sat down to create a card for my father's birthday I still had this color combination on my mind, and gave it another whirl. You'll see though, that I didn't stay true to the simple layering and got a little bit more complicated with a few extras.... .

So which is your style, cleanly classic or loaded with the extras... me I'm not sure because I honestly like playing on both sides of that fence...

30 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lauren said...

Love the damask card, and the colors, AND the little inside mini-damask in the corner. lovely.

Inspired Scrapper said...

Beautiful.. I love that you added a stamped image in the inside of the card as well. Very beautiful :)

muriel said...

Joanne, your card is gorgeous !

Brenda Weaver said...

your cards are beautiful! Top pick for sure!

Scrapping Julie said...

BE-U-TI-FUL! both of them!

Julie Campbell said...

Oh my! Am I LOVING these!!! Both cards are great... but that Damask card is just over-the-top fantastic!!!

Sew Club said...

You TRAITOR!!! LOL :) Love it!

Maureen said...

love the layers and how you used the Damask image...gorgeous!

Jackie Pedro said...

I'm a both sides of the fence kind of girl, in regards to stamping!! Your cards are wonderful, Joanne!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I say continue doing both styles! I am bored if I keep doing the same thing over and over, even if the colors and patterns change. Both your cards are Beautiful!

Hollie Shepard said...

Both cards look great! I love all the layering!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

So glad you tossed that fabulous damask set in your cart. I can't wait to see what you create. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the first card! And that ribbon is just perfect! FAB!

Steph said...

Both cards are great. I had to smile about the Damask set. It took me soooo long to buy that one too. In fact I just got it last month when there wasn't a new colour (which I usually buy). I figured it was as good as any a time to get it.

Christina Fischer said...

Mother Button, you caved!!!!! Damask you! :)

Gorgeous cards, both of 'em!

Unknown said...

awesome, awesome, awesome cards!!! so glad that damask set hopped into your order:) congrats on the top pick!!!

Winter said...

Oh, WOW! I love these! Congrats on being in the spotlight! :)

Kim J said...

Gorgeous!! Congrats on top pick!

Rose said...

Love that Damask card - gorgeous! Congrats on top pick!

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Wonderful cards...congrats on being in the spotlight!

Stef Perry said...

I love both cards because, like you, I like both styles although I tend to be the multi-layer more vintage type. Nicely done!

Elise said...

Woahhhhhhh! These cards are gorgeous! I can certainly see why your work was "spotlight worthy!" hee hee! CONGRATULATIONS! Your work is wonderful!

Alice said...

very pretty card! congrats on making the spotlight!!

Ruth M said...

Oh, such gorgeous cards! Well done on being spotlighted! I like CAS but also like to make more stepped up cards too - variety is the spice of life!

Inspired Scrapper said...

Congrats on making the spotlight :)

Jane said...

congrats! just love your card! gorgeous!!

Cammie said...

The damask set certainly found a good home. Your card is lovely. All the elements work together perfectly. You certainly deserve the spotlight. Congratulations!

Andrea M said...

Congrats on Dawn's spotlight! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Congrats on making the Spotlight! These are wonderful cards!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover