Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 18, 2010

Dinner Time Calendars

Last night, I attended a little ladies night out with the girls, to celebrate for a dear friend who is expecting her third child. The hostess had a fun idea to put together a little calendar - and we could all sign up for a night to bring dinner to the family.

And of course, my MFT templates were just perfect for the job! Since the the gender of the new baby is a surprise... I thought it would be fun to have one Pink calendar, and one Blue calendar.

I printed the large sized template onto white cardstock and then trimmed off just outside the borders. Since I happen to have sort of a ridiculous stash of patterned papers it wasn't hard to pull a few
pieces that were just right for the project.

Since I didn't need the "notes" section for this project, I used that little section for an added swatch of patterned paper, and I created a flower bloom with a paper punch, a twine threaded
button, and a paper curlie-que and some punched leaves. In my little closeup shot, you can see that I stitched all the edges, and then gave a dabber with my vintage distress inks to soften all the edges.

For both calendars, I stamped the name of the month with the "Make the Date" stamp set, and then I stamped out the word "Dinner" with
the "Alpha Dot" stamp set.

Its a great set for custom, quick sentiments. I punched the letters themselves out with a 3/4" punch, and then added a matting with a 1" punch. Easy peasy!

For the March calendar, I used a little baby boy theme with the October Afternoon "Ducks in a Row" paper. Again, who knows what the baby will be... I can't wait to find out!

I kept the layout the same to streamline my production. The Alpha Dots were stamped in Soft Sky ink. Instead of my little flower treatment, I used a set of chipboard alphas to spell out baby.

After I finished the calendars, I backed them each with a piece of chipboard (You know you'll often find a lightweight piece inside your 12x12 patterned paper packs.) Then I added a large piece of magnet to each calendar so that my friend can hang them on her fridge and know who's delivering the goods for the first month with the new baby.

I think that these dinner calendars would also be amazing for anyone who likes to plan out the family menu in advance for shopping or dieting purposes!

So, now that I've got the calendars finished, I've just got to figure out some good casseroles for the THREE women I know who are expecting a new babies during the month of February!! Any ideas??

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

oooo, THIS is a fabulous idea! and your calender's are so sweet. that ducks in a row dp is PERFECT for this!

Shaunna Lasley said...

Your Calendars are Wonderful!! You have such great ideas!! Love the ducks in a row paper you used - it's perfect!!!

Karen Motz said...

These are WONDERFUL!!! LOVE the flower embellie with the sweet paper curls!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

How sweet! What a fab idea and wonderful gift!
TFS! Happy Monday :)
hugs, margie

Karen Giron said...

This is such a super idea! And that flower ---- I'm speechless!! It's gorgeous!

Chris said...

those are both great. I hear that Stouffer's makes a good casserole.

{pam} said...

what a cool idea!!! check out this recipe for taco soup . . . had it this weekend at a scrapping retreat . . . sooooooo yummy!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/taco-soup-recipe/index.html

Allison said...

Gorgeous and what a fabulous idea! Love the paper curls on the flower and the little ducks!

Sarah Gough said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely idea, I'm sure your friend will be beyond grateful for all the help!

Leslie said...

What a wonderful idea the dinner calendar is! Your pages are beautiful - I especially love the curly thing-a-ma-bobs you made on the flower!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO awesome. What a wonderful idea! I love it... may need to CASE it. :) Thanks for inspiration.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover