Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 20, 2010

Lookin for Mojo.....

It all began with a scary case of loss of mojo..... I sat down to work, and had nothing. No place to start. And then, I lost a good hour or so "blurfing" around through my google reader. You've been there right?

And then, I drooled over the beautiful samples on Mojo Monday this week. And loved the sketch. Which turned into a hunt for a stamp that fit the sketch.

Which turned into organizing my Bella stamps into their Bella Bindahs. Which turned into buying a new Bindah (I have two that are full.. eesh) and some new storage pockets. Yes. You need them too.

And then, I placed an order for a few of the newest stamps (Eloise is in Love,& Olivia) and picked up a few more Hugabuggs because I'm now addicted to them (Fluey Hugabugg, & Luna the Moth)

In my cleanup, I also discovered that there is a Turtle Tot that I didn't buy yet. So I did. I know, right? A Turtle Tot that I didn't own? That's just crazy talk.

And then at last, I sat down to work on the Mojo Sketch using BeeeMine - I love this stamp, and you might just see it a few more times between now and Feb 14th! But duh, I didn't print it. I tried to just work from memory. (Bad call. Memory, um, not so much.) Once I realized that I had totally fouled up the panel sizes, I decided that I'd gone so far astray that I'd just add another panel, and skip the sentiment.

And lo, and behold. Hello sweet little card - I think I love you!

Don't forget that this week's challenge for Bellariffic Friday is "Twinchies" - if you've got Twinchies, we'd love to see them in your project, or else you can simply use a 2" panel on your project! Samples are due to Emily by Thursday at 5pm EST.

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow hunny you certainly did find your MOJO, am still looking for mine!! i love this card that cute image sets the card off beautifully. Thank you for sharing, hgus Linda x

Amy Rohl said...

Love your chatter, J...totally been, especially lately...aack!

What a sweet card, and I'm in love with your mix of papers...I've got to get out of that "matchy matchy" mode!

Hugs,
Amy

MJ said...

I love the card and had to laugh at what your loss of mojo led to because it sounds like me the past two weeks! I've sat in my scrapping room trying to get some mojo to do anything - cards, mini album, layout WHATEVER! and nothing! I did finally do a few cards yesterday though.

Ippity Chick said...

your post maked me giggle. I'm so that way some days! FUN stuff!

Unknown said...

LOL! This is pretty much my creative process most days - glad I'm not alone!! :) Sweet card!

Mary said...

I am sooooo glad to hear that someone else uses the same mojo jolt as I do. It kind of reminds me of the little boy in the comic strip that moves from one spot to another, to another, but finally reaches his destination....Thanks for sharing your journey and your lovely card.

Cindy Lawrence said...

So glad you found your mojo, girl! LOVE this sweet card! {{{hugs}}}

w.joakima said...

Very pretty cards =)

kc_froglady said...

this card is just too cute! Great job and I love the commentary today also - I am right there with ya some days!

Chris said...

this is totally adorable, now I can't wait to see what you make with your new stamps

Tricia T said...

Love your post, Joanne! And thank you for your direction to the Bellariffic Friday posts. Thanks to you I made a comment last week and won $50 Bella Bucks. Now I have some Huggabuggs and Turtle Tots of my own coming soon!!! :-)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover