Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 25, 2010

A Pure Innocence Sweet Sunday Sketch....

I hope that you've all had a wonderful weekend! I've been trying to make up for having to work all through April vacation so we visited the Children's Museum in Boston this weekend, and then yesterday we had soccer, a parade and the opening baseball game of the season! Today we're heading off to the Apple Store to have my laptop looked at - and to play with the iPads. I'm obsessed.

I love the sketch that Karen sent to us this week. Although at this point, I'm realizing that I jumped in a bit here, and ran with it, not realizing that the sketch is more elongated, than my square here. Ugh. That's what I get for not printing the sketch and working a little bit more loosely.....

In any case, I recently picked up a (little) bit more of the My Minds Eye paper - Quite Contrary, and I knew I wanted to pair this cutie raindrop image with my "Pure Innocence Umbrella Girl". I've gotta pick up more ledger paper, its become a go-to accessory for me lately and I had to dig deep for this piece!

Please be sure to check out Karen's Sketch, and sample, and then pop around to visit all the girls today to see what they've got stamped up for you!

Jennifer Tapler
Karen Motz
Laura Fredrickson

Lynn Put

Nancy Riley

Sarah-Jane Kale
Vicki Burdick

Be sure to wish a very Happy Birthday to Vicki, Karen Giron and Sarah-Jane as they are all celebrating their birthday's today. How funny is that - what are the chances!?!

16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tasha said...

Ah this is so cute! Love the paper piecing and the papers you have used are so scrummy. These stamps are really adorable
love tasha xx

Lisa H. said...

darling! great paper choices, love the touch of twill, it all came together so nicely!

Karen Motz said...

This is purely sweet! LOVE the bright umbrella and boots!!!

Kathy Martin said...

OMGosh! This card is super cute! Love the 'ribbon' for your sentiment! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Adorable design, Joanne! I love the paper piercing of the boots and umberlla, and using ribbon for those three vertical strips is a very cool idea! Way to go!

Nancy Riley said...

I meant paper piecing, not paper piercing.

Nancy Riley said...

Obviously, I don't know how to spell either! UMBRELLA, not umberlla! geez!

Vicki Burdick said...

This soooo very sweet Joanne...love those pure innocence stamps!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is FABULOUS Joanne! I love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is FABULOUS Joanne! I love it!!

Lynn Put said...

What a darling card! The paper pieced umbrella and boots with the fun bright colors looks fantastic!

Amy Rohl said...

Ooooh, great sketch, and that umbrella just couldn't be any cuter! Sweet, J!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable! Love your paper pieced darling and the stitching is so fun! Wonderful get well card!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Joanne,
I just stumbled onto your lovely blog and wanted to say how pretty and inspiring your creations are.
Lesley

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Joanne!! This is SOOO adorably sweet. LOVE IT!!! Her little rain boots.. cute, cute!!!

xx Sarah

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Look at her boots, darling!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover