Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 22, 2010

A Swanky Little Pennant Banner

I know I've already posted today - but I would be remiss if I didn't share with you a fun project from The Cat's Pajamas that I'm working on using my CutUps Pennant Dies. Because as long as you're shopping tonight, you might as well pick yourself up these dies. They're amazing. The set includes pennants in two sizes, with coordinating scalloped pennants too! You may have seen that the dies when flipped upside-down make amazing Christmas trees. But also, the pennants themselves are an amazing home decor piece for any holiday.

Me, I've been working on a Christmas one - the best part, this is a project you can work on with your kids, they can help pick the paper, assemble the pieces, and maybe even help crank the elements through your Die-Cutter!

Another fun thing is that this is a great way to use up your scraps! Scrap usage is always a big deal for me! The more I can use of this years favorite paper, means the more paper I can buy next year guilt free.....

The banner is sort of hard to get a good picture of in place, so here's a full photo... you see my husband isn't a huge fan of me putting holes in our newly painted walls (eye roll) so I've tacked this to the back of the mirror over our fireplace.


And now - how about a few photos close up of the individual pennants? I added a wide striped ribbon bow to the center adding a red button and some Divine Twine (of course) to the center. The pennants are all hanging from a length of twill tape... jingle bells are hand tied between each pennant with Divine Twine (did you heed my recommendation yet and get some... really I'm not kidding, you NEED this stuff.)


I've used CutUps border dies are fabulous accents for banner toppers and that amazing CutUps snowflake to adorn some of the panels. Sweet. Again, I'm all about multi-purpose for my purchases.


Now, there's really no time like the present to get shopping because have you seen the news? For The Cat's Pajamas, Black Friday starts on Tuesday and ends on Monday. From Tuesday, November 23 through Monday, November 27 we'll give all orders shipped in the US FREE Shipping. That's right FREE Shipping for almost a whole week. And if you live outside the US, shipping will be only $3.oo to ship your whole order.

Tonight is our New Release party on Splitcoast Stampers and then we'll kick off our New Release HOP beginning at midnight. Hope to see you there. Don't forget to add the the CutUps Pennants to your order, you KNOW you need them!




7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

Very pretty and creative. My husband freaks out everytime I put a hole in the wall too and our house isn't even new! Must be one of those mysterious man things.

Sue from Oregon said...

a perfect blend of dp, ribbon and embellies!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, as always, Jo. You're such an awesome designer. Everything you do oozes class and style. :) And look at you with your poinsettias already! You overachiever!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is GORGEOUS Joanne! Look at all of that yummy Tinsel and Twig paperie!! I wish I had a fireplace! Yours looks just lovely being all dressed up for the holidays! :D

Kathy Martin said...

What a darling banner! :)

Unknown said...

Your banner is beautiful - very classy and elegant! A nice touch for any room! :)

StinkerbellSteph said...

So pretty! Love the mix of designs on each part.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover