Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 9, 2008

Do you Freecycle?

Before I say one more word, thanks to whomever of you mentioned that my local Target has restocked on the "scentless" Whale Soap from Kiss My Face!  

I ran right out and grabbed more to have on hand.  I tell you, little man's skin has never looked better!  MWAH - I could kiss you, whoever you are.  Thank you!

Today, I wanted to write just a little note about something that we're going to try.  Freecycle. Several of my college pals use it all the time with rave reviews.  In case you're not familiar, think of eBay or Craig's list, only you're not selling the things for money, just saying "Hey, I don't need this anymore, anyone want it?" 

Now, as we get ready for Christmas, we've just got to pass along some of the accumulated things from the boys. And with money being so tight for everyone right now, I'm happy to share the love, and um, lets be honest, clear some space.  With two boys, we've got six years worth of birthday presents, Christmas presents etc.  If you have children, I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

I've just now requested to join the local group in my town, so if you haven't done this before, you can join me... and if you're already a member of a Freecyle group, then you can share any helpful hints you might have for me!

Now I'm off to start sorting toys into groups of what they can keep and what we can share.  

Once the sun is up and shining I have two cards to share... but it will probably be late in the day before I have them posted.  A busy day with "thing one" and "thing two" today.  

Hope you have a wonderful day! 

2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sew Club said...

We do this with our MOMS Club with kid's stuff, clothes mostly, and esp. school uniforms and Halloween costumes. But also with kids furnitures and reusable supplies. It's a good idea.

Lisa said...

Freecycle rocks, we're constantly posting things that we no longer need. And I LOVE that I'm avoiding sending something to the landfill. Glad you found it!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover