Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 12, 2009

Don't Miss the Fun!

Happy Friday!

Today is the first day of my boys being off on summer vacation and to celebrate, we're off on an adventure into Boston to ride the famous Swan Boats.  

Last night, while reading the story "Make Way for Ducklings" my two boys were trying to convince me that they could get a little duckling and have it live in a jar.  When I explained that we couldn't keep a duck in a jar, they suggested that maybe it could live in a fishtank.  Aaack!  No thanks!

This whole thing just makes today's card even funnier.  See, the other day I reached for this fun sentiment from Stamping Bella for this week's sketch challenge.  It reads "if you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun!" 

I totally loved the sentiment when I saw it, but I couldn't figure out how I'd fit both that, and an image on a cardfront.  So this sketch was just perfect for me to highlight this great quote!

Be sure to stop on over by Blogabella to see all the submissions from my friends, the Bellariffic Babes as well as all of the loyal fans! Don't forget that a prize will be awarded to someone who plays along, as well as one lucky commenter from the Peanut Gallery! 

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Diana said...

WOW WOW! I love this card! Great story about the boys, great sentiment on the card... really lovely card.

Shannan Teubner said...

LOL a duck in a jar? Hilarious! This is an awesome card, girlie!

Tracey said...

How cute are your boys?!?! I love it!

Your card is fabulous! So pretty!

Jessie/knightrone said...

They are so cute!! Love this!!

Denise said...

Love this card! Great color combo & that sentiment is so true.

Lori said...

Love how you used a sentiment as the image!

paula said...

This is so prtty and I love the sentiment as a focal point. I have never done this before... I will have to give it a try, so elegant sistah!

Anonymous said...

J'adore tes scraps ils sont splendides à chaque fois, bisous de France, Maryse

Lisa H. said...

really simple and really pretty. your story made me giggle. That's boys for ya! we love that book, too.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover