Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 10, 2007

Fundraiser Blog Candy

So, is it actually Blog Candy if I'm asking you to do something? I hope so, because what I'm asking is easy. Would you consider giving even just a dollar to a breast cancer fundraiser?

My friend Sarah Scaletta is participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on May 19th and 20th in Boston. The weekend consists of marathon length walk on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday. Sarah is participating in memory of her mother Sallie Reed who passed away in February of 2005 at the age of 62 after being diagnosed 6 years earlier with breast cancer breast cancer which later metastasized to her liver and bones. She was an incredible person that touched and inspired everyone she knew.

With your help, I'm sure that Sarah can meet, and hopefully exceed her goal of $1,800.

If you'd like to enter the giveaway all you have to do is visit Sarah's Avon Walk website and make a donation, in the comments section please add "Stamping Contest" and then comment on this post letting me know that you've done so.

For every $1 that you raise through this blog you will receive one "chance" at the prize. A winner will be selected the day of her walk - May 19th. The more money you pledge, the more chances you get to win!

So far, this giveaway includes: (list updated April 22nd)

As the donations have grown significantly, I will be dividing this up to have mulitple winners. I will announce how many prizes, and what is in each prize package the week before the drawing!!

Your choice of any one $25.00 Stampin Up set (donated by Sarah D. - my dear friend and Sallie's niece)

One Mel's Bracelet - http://www.melsbracelets.com/

Assorted Pink ribbon - donated by CraftyMomof2 from http://www.papercanteen.blogspot.com/

One Causabella Stamp donated by Emily of Stamping Bella

The upcoming "May Release" of Paper Trey from http://www.papertreyink.com/ including a project stamped by Nichole Heady herself!

Hearts Galore set from My Favorite Things donated by Kim Van Der

Assorted collection of hardware including brads, oval holders, triangle and oval picture frame hangers and a 7gypsies kit too! From Cindy Lyles at StarLit Studio

Eclectic Paperie $10 gift certificate.

A pink "ensemble" created by Julie Ebersole including 3D pair of pink paper slippers, with maribou trim, matching card and gift tag. This ensemble is currently featured in print, of the CardMaker Magazine, May 07 issue, p. 28-29.

Beth Silaikia of Freckled Fun Designs create both a pink and a transparent custom watermark design to protect your artwork online.

Nita will has donated a custom scissor charm, so helpful at workshops so that you don't loose those snips!

Emily Giovanni has created a pink tin and filled it with assorted pink goodies. See it here.

One Bakers Dozen Traditional Whoopie Pies - with pink frosting - by Makin' Whoopies Includes shipping via UPS, or personal delivery to suburbs south of Boston.

Pink Cards created by some of my favorite stampers including:
TayloredExpressions, Confesssions of a Naptime Stamper, Inkin' It up with Kendra, Stamping with Julie. Beate has created a stunning chipboard book with Fancy Pants paper and her new Bind it all.

(stay tuned for more to come)

....and hopefully even more to come!...

I will continue to add new items, so please check back often. Remember, for every dollar you donate to Sarah's fundraising efforts, you will get one chance at this awesome, and ever growing, blog candy!

Please help me support Sarah, and women everywhere, in the fight against breast cancer. Please pass this post along to your friends and ask them to join in because, together we can make a difference.

39 Comments    Post a Comment:

Heather Leech said...

What and a wonderful thing you and your friend, Sarah, are doing! I am happy to contribute $20 to this very worthy cause. God Bless!
Heather L.

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh...that Mel bracelet is so cute too!

Unknown said...

Hey Joanne, my email is acting up on me again, can you send me the email from yesterday again so I can respond?? Thanks very much!! Great job with this!

Allison Rankin said...

This is a super idea...heck I would have donated without all the great stuff on the line. And wow, look at all the great contributions/contributers! I donated 25 at the site (note: married name is Allison Fillo but my Visa says Allison Rankin)...

Heather S. said...

Just wanted to let you know I contributed $30. I think this is such a good cause. The blog candy possibility is just an extra bonus. Thanks for making us aware.

Heather Stevens

Anonymous said...

Joanne - what a wonderful cause! Count me in for $10.

Kate Hodges(cardsbykate on SCS)
cardsbykate2007@aol.com

Unknown said...

Hi again Joanne,
You are getting such a great response to this! I made my donation today ($20). Good luck everyone!

Kathy McD said...

What a great cause! I just donated $25...hope she reaches her goal! Thanks for the opportunity to help!

Jackie said...

This is such a wonderful thing for everyone to get involved in! I donated $25.00 to the cause, I hope that she exceeds her goal, I'm sure us stamping ladies can help her out! I will be posting a link here from my blog, maybe send a for more people here!

Ally B said...

Hey Joanne, Thanks for posting this!! I just went to the site and donated 10 bucks. I am always willing to help even if you wouldn't have had the blog candy!! I have also bookmarked her site to share with some friends and keep track of her progress!

Mara G said...

I was very happy to donate $25 to a very worthy cause.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I donated $20 to Sarah's website. I hope she makes it to her goal! It's great of you to do this!
Audra K.

SuperCool CreationS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuperCool CreationS said...

Such a great idea to help her raise money. And LOVE the stuff. I donated..hope I win!

SMEliot said...

I just left a donation, but I forgot to leave "Stamping Contest" in the comments section.

Wonderful idea - I hope she goes WAY over the top!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne: Just to let you know that I contributed. Love and prayers, Sandra Lew-Moll

Melissa said...

This is a great way to use your blog to help a friend raise money for a worthy cause. It seems we all know someone touch by this dreaded disease. I am happy to contribute 10.00 to the cause. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What a great friend you are helping to raise money for such a worthy cause. It is my pleasure to donate 20.00.

susie H

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic. I have donated to Sarah's group. What fun it is to watch her donation total go up.
Joei Tribble

Yosha said...

Wow! It's incredibly nice of you to promote her this way. I think (hope!) a lot of us would have responded without the candy too!
Count me in for a 100

Cheers,

YM

Anonymous said...

Great idea - I'm happy to contribute $20.00 to Sarah's cause. (I'll be walking in our local Relay for Life in a couple of weeks - I hope we're as successful as Sarah has been!)

Anonymous said...

What an incredible thing to do. The blogging network of friends is truly a chance for people to show such a positive, inspirational side of a sometimes sad, confusing world. I was happy to donate $20 and if I don't win that beautiful bracelet.....I'm ordering it anyway!! LOL Donna Martin

Anonymous said...

I've just given $300 to the fundraiser. Please enter me into your drawing!

Lois Michael said...

Put me in for $100. This is a fantastic way to help Sarah....Thanks

ang said...

Thanks for doing this. I'm actually taking my mom in tomorrow for some tests because she was just diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time, so I'm very happy to contribute to this cause. I donated $25 at the site. Thanks again!

Melissa Norris said...

Thanks for letting us know! I donated $15.
~MelissaNorris

Meredith said...

What a great way to support your friend (and some really great blog candy too)
I was happy to donate $25 to Sarah's site. I hope that she is able to reach her goal and then some!!!

(I've been having lots of trouble trying to get this comment to post so sorry if this is a duplicate post-yikes!!)
Meredith

bethtrue said...

Well it looks like she made her $1,800 goal - she's almost at 3,000 now. I'm happy to contribute and have done so ($25). Thank you for letting us know about this.

Beth (mommy to a busy 3 1/2 year old)

InspiredByInk said...

Hi! I just donated $20. tried doing $5 for 5 mon but there's a $10 minimum... thanks for the info on such a worthy cause!

Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just donated $25. What an awesome idea? Thanks for doing this! Erin

Anonymous said...

I would love to donate! Let me know how I can help. You can email me at ginakdesigns@yahoo.com.
Hugs,
Gina K.

smellymelly said...

Hi there. I am happy to donate for such a worthy cause - I will try to send some of my own friends her way to help out. ($10). x (Melissa Goldup - UK)

smellymelly said...

Just as an added accomplishment - my $10 (from above) made Sarah hit her $3700.00 target which is a fantastic amount of money and makes me feel really pleased to have helped a little. x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do! I lost my aunt to this type of cancer, so I donated in memorial of her. Thanks so much for doing this!

Anonymous said...

Joanne - Thank you so much bringing awareness to such a worthy cause. I have donated $60...$15 in memory of my Grandmother, and $15 each in honor of my Mother and two of my aunts. Your teamwork with Sarah is commendable....Thanks again!
Tina Tacker

breeze7 said...

I donated $10. I hope it helps...wish I could donate more. Good luck to everyone involved!

Nancy said...

Just donated $20 on Sarah's site.
I forgot to put "Stamping Contes" in the comments section. I'm NancyL2648

Anonymous said...

Forgot to put "Stamping Contest" in the comments section, but I am happy to do what I can to help. My daughter walked in this event, and I know it is a wonderful experience for those who do, as well as steps toward a cure. I donated $50. Thank you for bringing this opportunity to our attention.
kmt1025@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Just donated $50. What a fabulous idea to help Sarah raise money! You did a great job getting such incredible give aways, too. Hope I win!!

Erica : )

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover