Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 28, 2008

What a Hoot!

My girlfriends and I met up Saturday night for a girls night out - but before that, we had a nice shopping adventure at Colorful Creations in Hyannis (waves - Hi JEN!!)

Meri, Sarah and I were like kids in a candy store snatching up designer paper and going gaga for their amazing collection of stamps. (Kristin, Suzy and Michelle you were SO patient with our ogling and drooling over all the stuff!! Thanks for your patience with us paper crazies!) Jen, we're so looking forward to meeting up with you again for some Amuse Card classes at Ink About It!



We ran across some owl stamps that Meri was loving, and I said WAIT I've GOT owls. I just haven't had a chance to use them yet (shame on me!!). They're from Gina K's most recent release. Frances, you were way ahead of the curve girl because owls are now so hot!



Yesterday afternoon, I was draggin (a little too much fun on G.N.O. for me!) but pulled together some energy to stamp. This card is based off of Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge. However, her main panel was a vertical rectangle, and due to the shape of my image, mine is squared.



The owls were stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate and then colored in with my aquapainter and watercolor crayons. The cardstock is SU's retired True Thyme with the stitched True Thyme ribbon. The designer paper is Basic Grey Sugared line that I picked up at Eclectic Paperie, I thought that this green pattern was really natural with the owls.



Nesties would have been perfect for that matting, but my package hasn't arrived back yet. I'm going to call ProvoCraft later today to check on it. I miss my little green bug.

Hope you have a great day. Rainy and blah here today, but I'm just reminding myself its good for the grass flowers and bushes right?

Girls, thanks for an amazing night out, and lots of laughs. Whoever made me that little green thing knocked me over the edge. Oh blah, when did I get old? Already can't wait till our next time out. (((smooches)))

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover