Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 23, 2009

Seeds of Love

A few weeks ago, I shared a custom frame with the most recent My Favorite Things Presents by Annie LaPoint called "Seeds of Love"

I few weeks ago I created another frame with the set, but this time, I designed my project with a friend's decor in mind instead of mine.

I stamped with Memento Pearlescent Chocolate Ink, and then heat set with embossing powder. The image is watercolored with many different reinkers.

I love the finished look of that technique, but I'll admit, it pains me to wait for the image to dry completely between steps.

This project is loaded with lots of red and chocolate patterned papers, and embellies for a much richer look than my last project with this set.

You can see in the detail shot that there is a lot of sewing on this piece and the edges have been roughed up with my distressing tool.

These antiqued brads are actually functional for the project, I used them to tack my finished panel to the inside of this shadow box...

I've just packed this up and sent it off to our friends. I pray that it arrives safely in one piece. I'll be beyond bummed out if the glass broke in shipping. I also hope they like it!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jodi Collins said...

Girl, this is GORGEOUS! Holy Cannoli GORGEOUS!! SO vibrant! What a gift!! I really hope it gets to me in one piece (lol!!)

Kerry Johnson said...

Holy carp!!! I ADORE this!! Can't wait till it hits my mailbox (snicker!)!! Seriously - I'm totally caseing this!

Unknown said...

Adorable!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Joanne!

Melody said...

I love this Joanne! I would look perfect in my house with those colors. I will have to give it a try!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover