Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 19, 2009

TCP Tuesday - Gobble it Up!

I'm so excited to share new images from The Cat's Pajama's!

If you've just finished drooling over Amy's stunning samples, then you're in the right place. If not, you'll want to start over at Toni's place. She's got the full lineup including our inspiration piece for the week, as well as all the rules for playing along - and you won't want to miss a stop along the way!

Be sure to leave some love on each of the blogs you visit tonight because Alma is going to be giving a set of each away! The winner will be announced on Friday!

I'm sure by now, you've seen the gorgeous centerpiece that was the inspiration for our cards this evening. Some of you may already know, but I'm a mom to two boys with life threatening food allergies. And I'm always on the lookout for things that might be dangerous for them. So since I'm a geek, the first thing I thought of when I saw this beautiful scene, was "yikes, there are so many dangerous things for the boys in there!" I love the fall, but Halloween and Thanksgiving and all these food based holidays give me ***the chills***

But like I said, I'm always prepared. I keep safe treats in our pantry and freezer for these sorts of occasions.

So, for this week's challenge, I created a little place card for the upcoming
holidays. You know, all those things like bake sales, and open houses etc.

Since we have lots of little friends with food allergies as well, I always provide a safe option - this will make it really easy for the kids with allergies to know which set of treats is safe just for them!

This table placecard is made with the new stamp set titled "Gobble it Up" (which I totally **love**) as well as the "Baby Doll" and "Nightie" alphabets. I love mixing and matching these two sized alphas. For adding a drop shadow to my alpha set, I accented with a W0 marker on the white cardstock, and my Versamarker on the Kraft cardstock.

As long as you're here how about another little somethin' somethin' with "Gobble It Up" as well as the "Nightie" alphabet?

Poochie has a few different dishes that he can serve up this month, its all mix and match depending on what YOU would like to order up for dinner. But lets be honest, the best part of Turkey Day, mmm.... Pie!! Or what about sneaking some pie for breakfast the next morning, double mmmm...

I used some of my fav-o-rite gathered gingham ribbon for this card, as well a scored diamond background, stitching, a few brads, a twine tied button, and some machine stitching. Can you tell I had F-U-N making this card?

Be sure to stop by all the Cat Pack's blogs today to see all their eye candy. You won't want to miss out on your chance to be named this month's Swanky Stamper! Submit YOUR sample by adding it to the Guestbook on Alma's blog by Saturday night at midnight!

Without any further blah blah blah from me... the next stop on tonight's little HOP is Carol one of the Swanky Stampers who is joining us this evening!

46 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jen del Muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

cute, cute, cute!!!

Lori Craig said...

Great little 'safe' placecard. You are a good, good momma! :) I love your gingham ruffled ribbon on the card. So sweet. You always have the extra little 'hmmph! on your cards that say to the recipient, 'you are special to me!' Hugs!

shulsart said...

Oh, how cute are these. I am loving these new stamp sets.

Scrapacat said...

Wow! I love the projects, and the fact that you're very concerned not only for your kiddos, but other's as well. Cute stuff!
~ky

Lara said...

Oh, that is so cute! Love it and SO considerate!!

Cynthia said...

love the TCP penguins!! and way to go on the allergy thing.... great idea and so cute!

lorena b. said...

What a good idea for "treat" card and that gingham ruffle is so pretty! Beautiful cards!

Billie A said...

Cute and love the stamp set this is too cute. Thanks for sharing

Lesley said...

That ruffled gingham is darling - what fab projects!

Carol said...

Joanne, what a CLEVER (not nerdy) place card /warning sign; it looks AMAZING :) My cousin's two little boys deal with EE so this is such a great idea! :) And your Poochie card looks SWEET, love the layers:) that pie looks YUMMY and that sentiment you used is just right!! :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So Cute!!!Love your creations!!!

Mary Ashby said...

So thoughtful and USEFUL! Nice work!

Amy Rohl said...

Love, love, love that sweetie pie card, and your nut-free card, too! I thought maybe the nut-free was a reference to the seated penguin--bwah, ha ha ha! Just kidding, my dear!

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are adorable, Joanne! How sweet!

Chris said...

I gotta find that ruffled ribbon, it is so cute. Your cards look fabulous.

Lisa Foster said...

Fantastic cards! Love them both!
Hugs,
Lisa

JK said...

Those cards are soo adorable. I just *love* your ribbon ruffle.

Nina T.T. said...

So cute!! I love the ribbon ruffle!

Tee McNeil Art said...

A-Dorable! I love them both!

Karen Brooks said...

Both cards are too cute but I admit the second is my fav! I love the black, white and red but the gingham ruffle is what makes it really pop for me! Great job!

toners said...

Loooove what you did with the ribbon!

nisha said...

Great ideas - love the new TCP images! Thanks for sharing. ;)

love2stamp said...

How clever and thoughtful to make an allergy-conscious place card... great idea, Joanne! Both the place card and card are beautifully made and adorable!

Paula Phillips said...

Great idea for the allergy free treats, and I LOVE that poochie card! The reds and blacks are beautiful and I just adore that gathered black gingham ribbon!!!

Anonymous said...

Extremely clever and cute!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Joanne! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

Heather said...

I love the gingham ruffle you did on your second card. Adorable!

Linda Nicholson said...

What a super cute set of cards! Love the layout on the Poochie card!

Linda

Maureen said...

These are both totally fab but I really adore the card with the gingham ruffle!

Julia Aston said...

Love your placecard Joanne! I know several little allergic critters at my church - and your card is just so cute - what great new stamp sets!

Leslie said...

Great idea for the allergy placecard and Poochie IS such a Sweetie Pie. Very very cute ideas.

Marie Bingaman said...

Totally cute! :)

Jody said...

I love the gingham ruffle-it just makes the card perfect!!

Alice said...

Adorable projects! I wish I had those new stamps to play with RIGHT NOW! :-)

Teresa said...

That's the best idea ever for those little ones with allergies.

jjindp said...

my childhood nickname was sweetie so I get to see my name in print LOL thanks so much.

Raquel said...

Super cute!! Great idea!!

Martha said...

Love your "nut free treats" tag. I am so there, lol. Cute work!

JessicaK said...

Awesome and what a considerate idea too.

Pat said...

Cute designs. I love this new stamp set!

TammySue said...

I love the gingham ribbon on the one card - gives it a diner look - perfect!

Jenny Gropp said...

That Sweetie Pie card is to die for with the little ruffle along the bottom! And the "nut free" treats -- clever and thoughtful. So sorry your kiddos have to watch out for so many of the fall food items.

Anonymous said...

Wow, all of your cards are just great! I love the layout and design of each one! I'm sure they are so much better in person!

thanks..michele h..

Sonya said...

So clever! Always love your ideas! TFS

Kathi said...

Wowza. That ruffled gingham ribbon is awesome.

The new sets are sooooo cute.

PatS said...

I love your ideas. The Poochie card is just adorable with the ruffle! I will have to try this one.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover