Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 3, 2010

Preview Wrap Up - Tonight's the Night!!

Are you getting excited? Tonight is the release of all the amazing new sets from My Favorite Things - new Pure Innocence sets, a new Illustrator, Flopsey, several Clearly Sentimental Sets....and this new WTG. I'm in looooove!

Don't forget to join us for the preview part tonight on the Splitcoast Forum on this thread

Lovin' From the Oven

You may have already seen my recipe box that I shared when this set was available as part of the VIP kit, but I also had fun putting together a card with this sweet set!

I've combined it here with the set "Clearly Sentimental about Food" and really, aren't we all just sentimental about food?? YUM!

With two food allergic boys, I have to bake a lot to make sure that they have safe treats to eat at birthday parties, class celebrations etc. It *truly* is a labor of love. And - do you see something sparkly, and glitzy and RED on my project, that's right, RED Glitzy! You'll find a new Glitzy assortment in tonight's release - its a variety of pinks and reds, and I adore it!!

You'll see that I paper pieced again today! WTG is fabulous for paper piecing, always lots of opportunities to add colorful clothing, accessories and do some scene building. If you haven't paper pieced before, then you can check out my tips and tricks video here.

This set is HUGE and has so many additional images - cupcakes, cookies, cakes - YUM!! I used the yummy glazed cake to finish off the inside of my card. I'm loving adding a finished inside lately, I always have a big old stack of designer paper hanging out on my desk, why not finish off the card, use up those scraps. Its a real win-win situation if you ask me!

Clearly Sentimental About You

Did you see last month that the new Triple Scoop promotion now features a previously unreleased set, and its a set that is otherwise not on sale for a full month!

This month, the set is love themed "Clearly Sentimental about You." I used the set to make another altered canvas, I used the process you saw here to complete my canvas, the only difference is that I also added a very little bit of light pink paint to the Multi Medium to soften the colors in the patterned paper.

I added lots of "romantic" and vintage feeling elements here, my beloved half pearl adhesives, stitching, and a scrunchy flower with a button center. Once I painted the flower with the multi medium, I totally LOVED how it hardened - totally durable, and I love the texture. Fun stuff!

The set is FILLED with beautiful quotes and sayings - and is ONLY available this month as part of the Triple Scoop promotion.

If you haven't heard about the Triple Scoop yet here's what you need to know....

Purchase three stamp sets valued $15.95 or higher - once they have been added to your cart, add the Free Triple Scoop to your cart.

You'll find all the details on this fantastic promotion HERE.

And, I'll see you TONIGHT for the HUGE Release!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover