Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 11, 2007

Summer Sun - The Color of Daffodils

I haven't used Summer Sun before, it just never spoke to me, but boy was it perfect for this project!

My parents have a home in Nantucket, and the Daffodil Festival is the official "opening" of the season. This is one of my absolute favorite events on the island and really exhibits what I love about the island, its small town charm.


Its usually still cold,but the daffodils are in bloom everywhere, and there is a parade of antique cars, all loaded up with daffodil decorations. The parade of people is even better though. Ladies with daffodils tucked into their hats, men in bright yellow pants, dogs decorated with daffodils. So silly, but really stinkin' cute. It makes for some really great people watching.

This card is a little early, but I could really use some "Summer Sun" right now.

Details: Summer Sun, Whisper White, Basic Black Cardstock, Craft white and stazon black ink, SU marker for "May", PaperTrey sentiment, Whimsical Alphabet, Prima, Brad, Cindyribbon, Dimensionals

2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty card Joanne! I love daffodils - should be out here in a few weeks if we can just stop getting snow! :)

Jackie said...

Very pretty card! I love Summer Sun, it is such a buttery shade of yellow.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover