Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 13, 2007

Mellow Wishes

I received "Oh, So Lovely" as a hostess set after a recent order, and hadn't yet put it to use. So, the other night, I set out with a mission to use it.

As I rifled through my paper file, I realized that I'm using the same colors over and over (and over again) and I had several files that were nearly untouched. I grabbed a few pieces of mellow moss and went from there.
Knowing that I wanted to use the poppies with Groovy Guava and Really Rust watercolors, I pulled Always Artichoke and then Close to Cocoa as well.
Armed with an armload of supplies a-la that maniac Rachel Ray, I headed upstairs to work while my husband watched TV.
Its such a mellow card, very subdued. But, I felt it was a nice fall feeling card.
As it turned out, the next day I got a pop in visit from my mom, who was in need of a get well soon card for a friend. This fit the bill perfectly.
I've got to get better about keeping a stash of ready mades around for just these types of occasions. Yet another goal to set for myself.
Details: Accessories used include the ticket corner punch, the new taffeta ribbon in mellow moss, antique brads, and I used the background from priceless for those swirls, and the mellow moss layer is also stamped with linen. Sentiment is from "Birthday Hugs and Wishes" and was stamped in Always Artichoke ink. The main image was stamped in stazon, then aquapainted with with groovy guava and really rust ink.

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Marie said...

I hope I earn another level I soon! I wasn't that excited about this set, but the way you colored it and placed it in the layout of your card makes me want it now! TFS

Corie said...

This is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Joanne!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover