I had an order for 35 custom tea tins for party favors for a friend. The client had requested a Fall looking paper with the words "Broadway 07" and a music note. Beth Silaika came to my rescue creating a file that I could print out and punch with my SU punches. (Thanks also to my friend Rachel who printed them for me, my printer is kaput right now!)
First I spent one naptime cutting up all the paper to cover the tins, it went surprisingly much faster than I'd thought. The next day, I cut out all the circles and scalloped circle discs. That night I used the three for you flower punch to punch enough little flower embellishments for all the tins and assembled the discs.
Last night, I cut the slider die with my cuttlebug (thanks to Charmaine for showing me the combination of the scalloped flower and c.b. slider! ) then attached the flower adornments and tied all the ribbons. Today, I'll do the second batch.
Once I'm finished, I'll have to cut the 35 circles with my coluzzle for the tin tops, which to be honest, I'm sort of dreading, but that will have to wait till next week. And, if I cut 10 a day, it will only take me a few days to finish them up. I just have to remind myself that the bulk of the work is done at this point! Phew!!
The project as a whole has taken a lot of time, but I think my client is really going to like them. And it wasn't as bad as initially anticipated. I've only worked on it for about an hour or so and each time I stop I think, "That wasn't so bad!"