Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 23, 2007

Big Projects - One Step at a Time

Whenever I have a large job to work on, I like to divide it up into as series of small, achievable tasks. If I do it one step at a time, it isn't so daunting. And, I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over. (Which for me, is a problem!)

I had an order for 35 custom tea tins for party favors for a friend. The client had requested a Fall looking paper with the words "Broadway 07" and a music note. Beth Silaika came to my rescue creating a file that I could print out and punch with my SU punches. (Thanks also to my friend Rachel who printed them for me, my printer is kaput right now!)

First I spent one naptime cutting up all the paper to cover the tins, it went surprisingly much faster than I'd thought. The next day, I cut out all the circles and scalloped circle discs. That night I used the three for you flower punch to punch enough little flower embellishments for all the tins and assembled the discs.

Last night, I cut the slider die with my cuttlebug (thanks to Charmaine for showing me the combination of the scalloped flower and c.b. slider! ) then attached the flower adornments and tied all the ribbons. Today, I'll do the second batch.

Once I'm finished, I'll have to cut the 35 circles with my coluzzle for the tin tops, which to be honest, I'm sort of dreading, but that will have to wait till next week. And, if I cut 10 a day, it will only take me a few days to finish them up. I just have to remind myself that the bulk of the work is done at this point! Phew!!

The project as a whole has taken a lot of time, but I think my client is really going to like them. And it wasn't as bad as initially anticipated. I've only worked on it for about an hour or so and each time I stop I think, "That wasn't so bad!"




6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, those are pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very cute project!

Liz said...

Great job on these Joanne! I'm sure your client will LOVE them. Thanks for sharing the idea on how to use my leftover Fall Flowers paper too! What size are the tea tins?

Nancy Riley said...

Your client is gonna LOVE these! You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Cute project. Where did you get the tins?

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW, you have been BUSY girl! They look awesome! What great favor tins! I wish I could "break down" the mass production. I always feel that I NEED to finish it all NOW! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover