Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 11, 2007

Late Night Stampin'

I don't know how I keep catching the late night stampin' bug. I was on the phone with my friend Christie Friday night and we were both cleaning up our stamp areas and chatting. Then, instead of going to bed once everything was cleaned up. I decided that I probably wouldn't have any more time to stamp this weekend and I should take advantage of a clean and organized space.

That and the fact that my VeggieBella that I got from Paper Pretties was calling my name. The other day, I ran into my Local Scrapbooking Store only to buy some adhesive for my Thursday night class and somehow a whole bunch of new paper just JUMPED into my shopping basket.

I couldn't help myself, as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make something with VeggieBella and this Scenic Route paper. You'll be seeing lots of it because I bought several different pieces.

All I needed was a layout. So I popped on over to Card Positioning Systems and did their sketch of the week. I tweaked it a little because instead of a middle paper panel, I used a wide width of grosgrain ribbon.

The image is stamped with Stazon and then I colored them in with my Prismacolor pencils - which I also picked up at the Paper Pretties Corner Store.
When My Favorite Things released the "Essential Sentiments" on the 1st, I immediatley picked it up. Its so versatile! Great sentiments and everything fits inside the SU Word Window punch. I went for Hello on this card, but there are lots of options.

I know I confused my poor friend Liz the last time I promoted Paper Pretties, so here's a quick little note....
Paper Pretties offers a card kit in a box subscription where members recieve a monthly Prettie Package from Christie including stamp set monthly as well as the paper, envelopes and embellishments to create six cards each month. There is a card of the month posted for you to follow. Additionally the design team also creates Cards of the Week to give you even more ideas to create with. When you sign up, it is a six month subscription.
Paper Pretties now also offers the Nestabilities Now and Copic Color Club. These subscription clubs are an affordable way to build your Nestibilities or Copic collections - a bit at a time. Again, each month, a Design Team member will develop a project for the month for your inspiration.
However, you don't have to be a member to shop at the Paper Pretties Corner Store. Christie has stamps, ink, paper, embellishments, adhesive you name it, and she's always adding new stuff. There's even a link to find the new stuff - however, if you do sign on to a subscription club, you'll receive a discount when shopping at the store.

Christie, thanks for a great chat Friday night inspiring me to clean up my space and then, yes, mess it all up again. I really wish it was a drive able distance so we could chat in person. We are going to have SO much fun in February!!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

That paper IS perfect for Veggiebella! Love your card! I'm forever cleaning my stamp space too!

Anonymous said...

Joanne you are sooo funny. You were so tired when we were talking, I can't believe you stayed up and stamped - you ARE a die hard! Poor Ted, left sleeping on the couch - LOL! You're card is stunning!!! And, if it makes you feel any better, my space is a mess again too!

Dottie K. said...

Wow that card is just adorable. I need to get Veggiebella. She is so cute! I'm all cleaned and ready for some stamping and finishing my christmas cards. Just have to add the stamps if I ever get off this computer and stop admiring your work. :)

My Paper World said...

Wow, she is so cute, and the colours look fantastic!

Kelly said...

Great card! Definitely easy to get inspired when that stamping space is clean!! Mine is totally cluttered up and there's barely space to get to my chair!!! Maybe I should go clean!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Mine is a total mess too!!! I aways vow to keep it clean...yeah right!!!! Love your card!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover