Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 3, 2007

Baby Boxes.....

You've seen a similar project from me before, but goodness do they ever look so cute all together! A friend was looking for a baby shower favor and loved the tiny takeout boxes I made for my sister's bridal shower.

I did teach these at one of my very first project classes, but for the actual baby shower, I changed the palette to make them more babyish. They are filled with pink, blue and ivory M&M's. I randomly colored in some of the stars with my so saffron crayon.

I made 35 of these teeny takeout boxes over the last week for my friend. The giraffe is from "Bundle of Joy" which sadly appeared on the retiring list. I'm so bummed, I LOVE that set.

The giraffe was stamped with Timber Brown stazon ink and then punched with my small tag punch, then colored in with my SU watercolor crayons and blended with a blender pen. Layered onto a larger tag punch either certainly celery or so saffron. I tied a small piece of hemp twine to each tag and then tied the tags to the boxes using certainly celery grosgrain ribbon.

Again, this is another project that I made a little bit at a time. One night the tags, one night tied the hemp twine onto the tags, one night stamped the boxes and last night I filled the boxes and tied on the tags and ribbon.
Edited to add: When I'm doing a mass production production project like this, I like to keep things quick and simple. In this case, I used the SU Tiny Takeout and Tags kits. They are diecut sheets of boxes. I just ran over the box with my Jumbo Wheel "Sweet Stars" and then filled in a few stars here and there with crayon folded on the score lines and folded it into a box. Quick, easy and cute!

Have a great day everyone!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

Is there a tutorial for these boxes? You did a great job with these! I NEED that Bundle of Joy set!

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, as always, beautiful! Are these the SU Tiny Takeout Boxes & Tags? Or did you make them from scratch?

Julie Campbell said...

These are so cute!!! I was also hoping for a tutorial... but it looks like you can get these from SU? Great ideas!

tyrymom29 said...

These are so Great !!! Love them

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Joanne, these are adorable! Oh my goodness!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover