Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 19, 2008

Previews Continue!

Today I've got two fun cards using some of the newest Kindred Spirits from Gina K Designs. This time, its Kindred Kids!  Which of course, being both a mom and a daycare provider I totally adore.

I picked up this really FUN designer paper from Right At Home when I knew that there was a beachy image on the way.  I thought it was so nautical and my boys love orange, so it was a natural selection for me.

I also now quite excited to say that I am a proud owner of a set of the koh-i-noor pencils that Gina has for sale.  

Let me just say, these are truly OUTSTANDING. The colors are so vibrant and they blend like butter.  I am so impressed with them. I couldn't believe how easy it was to fill in the beach and the ocean - easy peasy!  I did reach for only one of my prismacolor pencils for this - just the one for coloring in their skintones.   

I stamped the images with craft ink, then applied a coat of clear embossing powder and hit it with my heat gun.  It was fantastic to color with the image like this because it was idiot proof! giggle.  I didn't even have to try to stay in the lines, the ink just kept my pencil in the right place.  Fantastic!!  

That little embossing trick was used on this card too, and it made it so especially easy to color in the polka dots on the girls suit, ad the hose etc.  I loved that the pencils maintained the bright feel to coordinate with this paper from Imaginesce. So summery and FUN.  

(um, you might recognize this sketch, its kinda sorta from Jen's Sketch for You to Try - I couldn't exactly make it work this week, but you'l see where I got my inspiration!) 

Don't forget to hop on over to Gina's blog to see even more samples of these Kindred Kids.  Linsey, Barb and Julie have some previews for you too!

In addition to five stamp sets, there are seven singles being released on Friday.  Yes SEVEN!  I have more to stamp with so hopefully I'll have some party time peeks for you Friday night during the release party!

Hope to see you then!






14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barbara Schram said...

These are great, Joanne! I love your coloring!

Carolina said...

Adorable preview cards...lovin' the new kindred kids line!

emilymomto3boys said...

I love them both! great job on the kids - that orange one is my fave, it totally rocks!

Linsey R said...

These cards are so wonderful, Joanne! I especially love the running thru the sprinklers--a fave childhood memory! What fun and special cards! great previews!

Melanie said...

ack!! That blazing orange "sun" hit me when I opened you page, how fabulous, love that modern DP too!

the prints and sketch are perfect on the sprinkler card, like wee little bthign suits, very sweet!

Mimi Hornberger said...

I love these images and you did a great job with the cards. TFS! XO, Mimi

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are so cute!! I am getting excited for the release!!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet cards, Joanne!

These stamps are so adorable and you've show-cased them beautifully!

Jessica (jessjean on SCS)

Julie said...

So cute - I am in love with the bright and cheery orange you used, it totally caught my eye!

Unknown said...

Those images are adorable!! I love your cards Jo - the second one is so cute and I love the orange!! :) Hope you're enjoying the nice weather!

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! I love your layouts...perfect!

Julie Koerber said...

How completely sweet - from the card design to the fun colors! I actually said, "Awwwww!" when the blog page loaded!

Jacki Marie said...

your cards are great. the stamps are too...

Deb Wood said...

These are so adorable, I love them!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover