Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 10, 2008

Two for Tuesday

Today I've got two Gina K creations for you! And the weather has suddenly been just SO warm here that I've got the beach on my mind!  (I can't even begin to complain about the heat as I've been begging so badly for summer to get here!)

This first card with the Just Be Claws set. I have long adored this set and now that summer is here, its time to get it put to good use!

Gina actually did a tutorial on her blog the other day with this fantastic little critter with her kooh-i-noor pencils which came out fantastic.  Guess what just moved onto my wish list. Giggle!

This card was for my son's best friend, I needed a boy card that wasn't too babyish, and I don't own any Indianna Jones, or Star Wars stamps much to my son's dismay. But this worked out just fine instead!

The little line of piercing under the sentiment is a cute trick I picked up from my friend Susan.  It was just right to fill up that little space. Some hemp twine, which Gina refers to as "guy ribbon" was wrapped around the bottom.  

My second Gina K card today is with Jen's weekly Sketch for You To Try - I always adore that challenge.  And this was SUCH a fun sketch to work with.

This time I reached for my "You are My Sunshine" stamp set which is the current "One Free with Three" set at Gina's store.  

You might remember that this image is a lot longer than this.  I just masked off part of the water, so that I'd have a square image for this card.  The image was stamped on Poison Ivory cardstock, then I watercolored with my reinkers, a little bottle of water and my brushes.  

The card base on this is Stampin Up's So Saffron - with a layer of So Saffron Designer prints paper for the bottom half of the card as well as the inside of the scalloped circle.

Have a great day everyone, stay cool!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute!!! Great job with Jen's sketch!!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

what colors CS did you use on your crab card? i really like them together!

Poison Ivory, hee that just makes me laugh! This sketch is perfect for the set, looks like the rising(setting?) sun behind the chair, would CASE this in a second, awesome, awesome!

Tanja said...

I love the beachy one! Awesome! Now I must have this set!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover