Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 1, 2008

MFTeasin' Tuesday

You may remember that last month, Kim released MFT Presents featuring a new line by Annie LaPoint.  This month, there are two new fantastic botanical images added to the collection.

My parents home in Nantucket is surrounded by hydrangea bushes.  The sea air and cool nights make for just the perfect growing conditions for these beauties.  

I just love arriving there for the weekend and finding a huge vase full of fresh picked hydrangea in my bedroom.  So mom, this one is for you.  It reads "Be Calm" and I hope that you're doing just that right now.  Just be sure to send me some pictures of the real deal, okay?

The card base is Kraft (my favorite...) and the designer paper is the Samantha Collection from Crate Paper that I've had for ages in my stash.  

How could I forget?  The first card was made for Jen's weekly Sketch for You To Try.  I was uploading with my two little ones clamoring at me for the computer and forgot to mention!  I shortened the sketch from a rectangle to a square, but clearly you see where I got the idea right? giggle.

The second card features "Peppermint" and I selected some beautiful Webster's paper. It is so luxe, I've been hard pressed to cut into it, but I could resist no longer. The card base again is kraft and I used a nestie oval for the main image. 

My prismacolor pencils, OMS and blending stumps were just the right tools for this job.  I finished the card off with a scrap of river rock ribbon and two always artichoke buttons. 

I'm really looking forward to the Cocktail Party to celebrate MFT's 2nd Birthday, the July Releases, but most of all, a big HOORAY to Kim for her 40th Birthday!  Hope to see you there!

2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Mimi Hornberger said...

Fabulous cards! Love the new images. TFS! XO, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Oh my - these are wonderful! Hope I can stop by the party tonight! Thanks for sharing J!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover