Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 25, 2008

Challenged!

Its been fun to get back into the swing of challenges over on Splitcoast.  I made two for this week's color challenge (one of which, you will see tomorrow) and then I made a card for the sketch challenge as well.

I happened across this fun paper from Scenic Route over at Right at Home.  I am SUCH a sucker for that paper.   This fun little stamp set is a recent release from The Cat's Pajamas. By the way, did you know that Alma is releasing new stamps tomorrow! I've been watching the Design Team's preview and they're adorable!

My next card couldn't be any more different from this pinky pink creation.  This is the SCS color challenge to use Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze.  

I decided to pull out the very first Gina K Designs stamp I ever purchased (in fact, I purchased it to submit for the Guest Design team, just about a year ago!)  These little kids all bundled up are just so sweet, as is their Frosty creation.  While I would never have come up with this color combo on my own, I really like how they blend together.  Thanks Cindy for suggesting it!

The Baja Breeze mat is cuttlebuged with a snowflake folder, then I used my nesties for the main image.  Lately I've been into bows with adornments tied on.  The sentiment "Got Snow?" is stamped onto a Cuttlebug Tiny Tag, then I fed in a little gingham ribbon, placed a snowflake rhinestone gem in place, then tied it all together with some elastic cording. 

This card is probably NOT mailable (the post office always glares at the envelopes I pack up as they're too big for ordinary postage!) but to me, it just looked naked without all the "stuff!"  

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great day!


8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

These are both gorgeous cards! I absolutely LOVE the way you tied your ribbon on the bottom card. It's to die for!!

Tricia T said...

Love your cards! The layout on the first one is great and the bow on the second is wonderful. I have trouble making cards that I can't mail... must be the "cheap" - oh, wait! "Frugal" :) - part of me. I don't want to spend the extra to go get a bubble envelope!! :)

Shannan Teubner said...

These are too cute!!!

Sharri said...

Hi Joanne!

Both cards are way to cute! I love the layouts and the colors.

Donna Baker said...

both cards are great! I love the ribbon, tag treatment on your wintery card

Lee said...

Oh of course these are AWEsome!!! I LOVE those little penguins!! And wanna know something? That was one of the very first Gina K. sets I bought too!! I LOVE winter!!!! Such a sweet snowy card!!!

Angie Tieman said...

These are so sweet, but that little snowman one is my favorite! I've always loved that image, and your colors and coloring and "extra goodies" are perfect!

Kim Mraz said...

what fabulous creationa Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover