Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 18, 2008

Cupcakes - All American Style

Usually I make cupcake cards all girly and pinkness, but hey, boys love cake too right?

Last week's challenge on What's Up Wednesday was to paper piece, it is still one of my very favorite techniques!  I stamped the image once to my white cardstock, and then again to a piece of crumpled up Kraft paper.  I colored the one that had been stamped to the white cardstock with my copic markers, and then trimmed out that crumply cupcake liner, and adhered it in place with a Quickie Glue pen.  

Then I created a little shadow with my versamarker for definition on those folds in the liner.  All the panels were zig zag stitched and I added the sentiment "Its Your Day" (From time for the Bubbly!!) 

I picked up this Liberty patterned paper from Scenic Route over the summer, and its just been hanging around, but thought its great for boy cards, even aside from Fourth of July.  

Last week's challenge is still up and running till tonight - and we'll be picking the "We Pick Three"  that's three winners at random to win $5 gift certificates to MFT!

Hope you'll come back tomorrow (actually just really late tonight...) for the next installment of MFT's Blog Hop!  We'll be celebrating tomorrow's release of the next BC Dzyns set!  And, guess what??? I have an extra set to give away as blog candy!!!


1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Love it, Joanne! Great colors with the cupcake.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover