Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 21, 2008

Flourished on a Friday

This has, from a stamping perspective, been the laziest week ever for me.  I caught a cold and in addition to having no energy, I'm feeling completely sans mojo the last few days.  

This is my last card that I've got saved up to post, I'll have to get crafty and creating... I'm hopeful that will come back once I'm able to breathe without coughing.

Its been so bad in fact, that I've been having dreams about coughing, which means, you guessed it, I've been coughing all night long. Sigh.

Thank goodness for Friday - although this one promises to be a real nail biter for me.  Assembly to attend in the morning, then I'm lunch/recess mom for the Kindergarten, and demonstrating for Stampin Up at a little school shopping event this evening.  Oy, I need a nap already.

You may remember, Friday is my special Starbucks Day!  This set is "Coffee with Friends" from Flourishes and thought a little coffee card would be perfect for today's post. 

I was thinking I'd paper piece the teacups, till I noticed the paper I'd selected is a near perfect match for SU's Sage Shadow so I stamped onto watercolor paper and used my aquapainter

The paper is "Oh Joy" from Cosmo Cricket, everything is all stitched together zig zag style (tired of it yet?)  I decided to be like my friend Denise - she always makes the most beautiful creations, and finishes them both inside and out.  When I got started with the inside, I realized that my little piece of designer paper would also be a fun little pocket for an extra "somethin'"

I have a few more ideas with this paper floating around, just need the energy to stamp... anyone have good cough remedy? 

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous,Joanne!! I love those images and beautiful colors!! I sure hope you're feeling better!!

lawton.hollylynn@gmail.com said...

Of all the stamping blogs I read, you have the most beautiful cards, consistent postings, best ideas. Thank you!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors, dp, stitching and coloring on the front!! And your finished inside with the gift card....FANTASTIC!! Love this!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh this is wonderful! I love that dp and the stitching is great!

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful card, inside AND out! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!! This is a wonderful project and all the details are superb!!
--Becca

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!! This is a wonderful project and all the details are superb!!
--Becca

Punkydoodle Papers said...

Ah sis - I hope you feel better soon! I feel your pain. . .

The card is just incredible - another gorgeous creation!

Hugs & Kleenex!

Sharri said...

Beautiful card! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Cindy Lawrence said...

So beautiful, Joanne! Love that paper and your fabulous stitching! The pocket inside is the perfect finishing touch. Hope you're feeling better soon! {{{hugs}}}

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover