Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 12, 2009

Need a challenge?


I've decided to hold a challenge once a month on the Gina K Member Company Challenge Forum, just a little way to get all those Gina K stamps a little inkier, and to play with the great customers that always come to the release parties.  My favorite card from last month's challenge was made by Brenda Turner and she's sampling for me for this month's challenge!   

You can see Brenda's samples, and find all the details on the challenge here, but the gist of it is to "Keep it Clean."  I'd love to see you over there, come stamp with us!!  I'll be choosing a favorite again this month to join me in sampling for the February challenge!

I used a minimal amount of designer paper for my card, just a scrap of Basic Grey Urban Prairie, and some ribbon I've had for I think a YEAR?  This sweet little snail image is from Asela's "Framed Friends" and they are just darling to color. Even though its a small little image, I used 10 copics on this little image.  Clearly, you can do it with a lot less, but I loveeee to blend.  

I scalloped the bottom edge of my Gina K Pure Luxury Cardstock and added scored line with my Scor Pal - added the xoxo little stamp in a line just above that, then added another row of scoring and paper pierced just above that.  

Lastly, I coated the little postage stamp with my newest Shimmerz which I picked up Friday at Ink About It.  Now, let me digress for one moment to say.....I seriously, seriously love Shimmerz.  They're just the right amount of shine, and super fast drying.  I know that lots of you love another glitter product, but I'm not big on mess, or waiting around for glitter to dry. This stuff stays where you put it, and dries fast.  And that, I love!

Have you tried Gina's Pure Luxury Cardstock yet. Oh my goodness, its aaaahhhhmazing!  I turned my friend Karen onto it, and she's on her second pack already, just enabled her friend Dana on it - who's patiently waiting on hers in the mail.  Its rich, available in two weights, one for your layers, and one for your card bases. This stuff is strong, and while you can't see it here, really holds deep embossing and scoring.  No bleed with Copic markers, so if I'd wanted to make this fully a one layer card, I could easily do that!  If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out this fantastic review by Jody.

I've also just announced a new swap for the month of January - only one space left, so if you're interested, get going!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Motz said...

VERY sweet card Joanne. And yes, I do love my Gina K paper...funny enough, I raved about it in my Flopsey post yesterday and admitted my love affair with it! I'll have to check out the challenge. :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, Joanne!! I love that little snail, the pretty papers, and your *perfect* ribbon!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Joanne. I love the colors, what a wonderful layout, and nice ribbon. I only have a couple of sheets of the pure luxury paper, but I love it too, it will be on my next order.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover