Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 2, 2009

Beach Bum!

I've got a quick little post for you today featuring a little treat box using a set that Anna Wight illustrated for Whipper Snapper titled "Beach Bum."

This little crab is riding the waves and enjoying the life of a beach bum.  I wish I was right now.....  I'm really looking forward to playing with both boys at the beach this summer, I think that the little one is finally old enough to really enjoy himself, and maybe will dig a sand castle just long enough for me to quietly enjoy a chapter of a book, or a frosty cold brew with my tuna sandwich and Cape Cod Potato chips?  Please??? 

At least now he's stopped sucking his thumb, because watching him suck a sandy thumb was really just more than I could bear! LOL!

This is a Bell Box from my friend Jody's Die Cut Page.  This little treat came together in moments flat!  The trick, is that this white piece of cardstock is also diecut and fits perfectly on that front panel!  I quickly added a hand cut black mat for extra dimension - trust me peeps, its EASY!.  I assembled that panel to the front with her Black Dimensional Boosters and closed the box up with the Red Line Sticky.  You'll find all of her Sticky Sale products HERE.

I closed the package up with a piece of striped ribbon threaded through a button. I literally wrapped it around the top of the box, threaded through the button holes and tied a knot. Easy peasy!  Wouldn't this be a fun little welcome gift for guests to your beach house, or a fun little favor for a beach themed party?  You could fill it with roasted peanuts (that is unless you live at MY house... sigh....) or with salt water taffy - yum!  Quick, easy and cute!  Love that!

Jody's die cuts are available in a ton of colors and lots of fun shapes too.  I've got to load up on some of these for my son's birthday party in August. I'm thinking they'll make favors a breeze!  

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Diana said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!

And I so hear you about wanting 10 minutes on the beach to just lay there.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SUPAH cute gf! These would make DARLING beach party themed favors! LOVE it!!!

Jody Morrow said...

OMG that is SO SO cute! :)

Rose Ann said...

LOVE your adorable box, Joanne!! Sooo cute!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover