Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 25, 2010

...just a little blogaversary... Week Two Challenge

Hi everyone and welcome to my second week of my blogaversary celebration! I've just LOVED seeing all your paper pieced beauties, and I can't believe that there were 49 entries! I'm thrilled! I poured over all of your amazing samples, and without further ado....I have my top three favorite projects to share with you.



a) Jackie Pedro
b) Melisa Hunter
c) Lisa Henke

I've begun filling this jar with your entries (and by the looks of it, I'm going to need a bigger container! Woo Hoo!!), remember you can earn multiple chances at the grand prize by doing any, or all, of the following:
  • Enter a challenge - earn one chance
  • Use MFT, Stamping Bella or TCP in your entry - earn an extra chance
  • Be selected as one of my top three for any challenge- earn an extra chance
  • Enter all three challenges - earn an extra chance
This week's challenge is Sew Krafty!

I challenge you to incorporate sewing into your project, it could be machine stitching, hand stitching, embroidery floss, faux stitching, etc. And, you've also got to incorporate some Krafty elements into your project. If you read here a lot, you **know** how I feel about sewing, and kraft paper.

Now, creative note here....if you don't have Kraft paper in your home (gasp!!) I bet you could mimic the effect with some re-purposed pieces of cereal box... Remember that your project must contain both elements to be eligible!

I'm adding a Mr Linky to the bottom of this post, and it will be open until next Wednesday, March 3 at 9pm EST to add your project. I'll announce my top three projects as well as the third challenge on Thursday, March 4th. Please add a direct link to your project via your blog or online gallery. By that, I mean to be sure to link to the actual project, not to the main page of your blog.

You'll have just under a week to complete each one. You may combine this with other challenges, however, this is open to NEW work only, please do not link up older creations from your blog or gallery. Thank you!!!

Project Details:

My sample for the challenge uses The Cat's Pajama's Hearts and Flowers, and Coolvetica stamp sets. This is a 4 1/4 square card, made of, you guessed it, kraft cardstock. I've also included what I call a "stitched scraplet" made from kraft paper, and I've used all kraft matting on my project. To give each piece of Kraft additional dimension, I've inked all the edges with tea dye ink.

Patterned Papers are "Report Card" from October Afternoon and really just bring such a smile to my face. (They make me feel springy, even though it is snowing here in Boston...) Finished with a bit of stitched Aqua Mist ribbon and a aqua mist jute threaded button from Paper Trey Ink.

TCP Tuesday:

I'm also using this as my TCP Tuesday sample for the week (...albeit a few days late...) Susie's our hostess this week, and she's challenging us to use any springy stamp from The Cat's Pajamas. This makes my heart happy! Be sure to add your TCP Spring themed creation to the guestbook on Alma's blog. You'll find all the details on this week's challenge on Susie's blog.
In case you hadn't seen the prize package, which will be awarded randomly... here's what's up for grabs!


23 Comments    Post a Comment:

Amy Rohl said...

Just darling, J! Love the 'hello' banner and that spring-y snail!

Melisa Hunter said...

I'm so honoured and excited that you included me in your top 3. Thanks for the fun challenge and all of your inspiration. What a cute krafty card this week! Love all the details!

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute card...figured it would be stitching for this challenge...and kraft too, huh?? Sounds like fun!

Lisa H. said...

wooohoooo! thanks for picking my card for the top 3-I really had so much fun creating it! AND I love your sample for this week's challenge-it's soooo cute, with a few different elements we're not used to seeing-Love that! sad to say, I'll miss out on this week's challenge (although it wasn't a challenge for me-you know I ♥ kraft and sewing!) we leave today for Disney and won't be back till late Wed. night! I'll be looking forward to next week's challenge. okay, I'll end my book now! LOL! HUGS!

paula tracy williamson said...

OMG Joannabella...I LOVE everything about this card...specially that I could never come up with it, haha It is SO cute!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Thank you for choosing my card for the top three, Joanne!! Can't wait to make something for your new challenge!! Your card is DARLING!! Love the layout and the dp...Fab card!!

Karen said...

Congrats on coming up on your third bloggoversary!!! I just hit my first this month. :> This is my first time visiting you here, but I'm so glad I did! You have a lot of fantastic cards on here! Love that text flower! :>

Chris said...

beautiful choices, those button wheels are too cute.

Mary J said...

Wow, really fabulous card!

Erica said...

Sorry Joanne. When I read through your post the first time, I must have missed the part about open to new work only.

Ebru Vatansever said...

I love this card Joanne, it's really cute and summery.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...another great creation from my yoda master!!!!

Linda McClain said...

I love the look of Kraft on cards and I'm always thinking I should use it more. Thanks for the excuse. I linked to my Splitcoast gallery because I can't put it on my blog until Thursday - It's a secret ;)

GabrielaD said...

What a fun challenge! Love your card.

Whimsey said...

I'm loving your challenges Joanne, sad I didn't get to participate last week, but so happy I was able to this week!

Thanks for all the great inspiration, your work is supreme!!

Angie said...

Another fun challenge!! I just love ALL of your "sew krafty" cards...DARLING!! Have a super day!! :D

Jennifer Roach said...

That sample card is just fantastic!! I also love sewing and kraft paper.

Sony said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary and what a cute card you made! I was unfortunately late for last weeks' challenge but I just submitted my entry for this week. :)

Pegg S said...

What a beautiful card !! You always make the most beautiful ones! I finally got a chance to create a card for this week's challenge.

fairie said...

This was a really fun challenge.

Cassie said...

such an adorable card! had fun playing along! off to check out the other entries!

Unknown said...

holy cow, woman.....i love this one, too! great colors, layout, and beautiful all-around design! LOVE IT!

Angela said...

Shoot, I thought I had until the 4th to upload this! Ack! I was going to take a picture outside tomorrow and then post it to my blog. Anyway, here mine is....
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1641704 I can't wait to see what you have cooked up for us next!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover