Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 24, 2010

Best Yet....

I'm loving letting my cards get a little bit more on the scrappy side lately. This is an eclectic little mix of papers from my stash...and I had such fun making it. I love this as a birthday sentiment, especially for *some people* who don't care to celebrate the most momentous occasion of their birth.

You'll find a bit of My Minds Eye Oh La, La as well a wee bit of my new My Minds Eye Quite Contrary, and that green floral scrap from My Minds Eye Bloom and Grow. Of course, with a healthy serving of kraft paper.

This sentiment is part of Signature Greetings from Paper Trey Ink, and I must say, it is a great all around set. I'm so glad I took the two extra seconds to stamp this with Brilliance ink and heat set it. I love the finished look with that bit of raised detail.

I created a little handmade, rolled paper flower embellie, and added an MFT Glittered Garnish to the center of it.

This is smaller than my usual sized cards, a 4 1/4 square. But I'm loving little rounded focal panels lately, for anyone that hasn't noticed yet. *giggle*

Here's a quick little tip.....I used an oval punch to cut a tiny notch into the top of my circle, to allow my bow to slide down right into place. Allows my bow to overlap the top of the circular panel.

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Motz said...

This is so pretty Joanne! Love the sentiment and that sweet flower!!

Gretchen said...

Ooo very pretty and what a great way to use up those scraps! Thanks for the tip using the oval punch too- fabulous idea!

Kerry Johnson said...

So pretty Jo! Love the crooked panel and your flower! You rock the scrappy style!

Christina Fischer said...

Beautiful! I love the way you used the papers! :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love the great combination of DP with the kraft!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautifully done! Love the papers and that little notch for the bow!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

sooooooooooooo pretty!!!! love this!!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv it...I am offering a blog give away, check it out if you have time...sending you sunshine!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Even people who don't officially celebrate their birthday can appreciate how special this card is!

Tasha said...

Joanne this is beautiful, the colours are lovely and vivid and i love the design
love tasha xx

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is a GORGEOUS card! Love it! I STILL need to order some of that paper. I am going to do it TODAY! :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover