Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 6, 2010

A Doubly Sketchy TCP Tuesday.....

For a change, I'm right on time with my TCP Tuesday post this week. Groan, I can't believe I was so late last week...

Jen is filling in for with a sketch this week, and what a fun idea, she's doing a little replay challenge, pulling from an old sketch we used and now we'll freshen it up with new samples! And, lucky for me, its got a circular element in it, which for me is always a favorite!

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that I'm probably not the only one who will be previewing upcoming sets today! So, be sure to pop around to visit the Cat Pack this week to see what they've got to share.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, I loathe mushrooms. They gross me out in food, they gross me out in real life... but on paper they're okay. In fact, if they're polka dotted, they're pretty darned cute. (But I still won't eat them.... yuck!)

I stamped the larger and the smaller one to patterned paper so that I'd have easy peasy little cute toadstool tops, and then created a little paper scene with my nesties, scissors and tea dye ink. The sentiment was stamped in Brilliance, then coated with clear embossing powder and then zapped with my heat tool.

Now, with TCP's linen thread, there is *no* excuse for naked buttons. (Do you hear me, no excuse!!) I keep an embroidery needle threaded with each of the colors on my desktop. I use the needle to pierce the placement of each button and in a flash they are securely sewn onto my project. Perfect placement, no "au natural" buttons. You'll notice that I alternated between 4 and 2 hole buttons of the same size...

You know the deal... link up your project using this sketch to the guestbook on Alma's blog for your chance to get Swanky!

Because I am having SUCH fun playing around with the newest releases, I also put Jen's Sketch For You To Try to work with this sweet ballerina bunny. I thought this was such a great sketch to share just the little teeny bunny.

The set comes with this cool woodgrain pattern which I've stamped twice to the bottom 1/3 of my oval to create the dance floor.

I've broken up the sentiment "You are Tutu Much" (how cute is that....) onto two flags. I'm trying my best to channel Amy's fun treatments to fill up that space on the top right hand quadrant using a chipboard heart. The chipboard heart was given a healthy coating of Crackle Accents - the nested heart frame was stitched, and then given a healthy dose of Tea Dye ink.
Again, remember to thread up those buttons and mix up how you thread the holes for a bit of added visual interest.

Thanks SO much for stopping by today and have a beautiful day!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jennifer said...

WOW! You've been busy! SO many GREAT cards! I LOVE them!! (=

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

oh Joanne these are to die for cute!!! Lovin' both Samples!!!

Jenny said...

Wonderful creations! Love em! :)

Unknown said...

oooohhhhh, joanne...these are wonderful! i LOVE both of them, girlie! beautifully done!

Chris said...

I have to have that bunny, is the release here yet?
Oh, how rude of me, I should have been saying how nice your cards are. Your cards are lovely, and they make me want more stamps, you'd think I'd learn my lesson and just stop looking. nah

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Love both - your stitching is just perfect on the second and I really like the way you used the oval!

Tasha said...

Wow these are both absolutely stunning
love tasha xx

The Scrappy Bug said...

These cards are too cute. I love them. Great job!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover