Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 9, 2010

A Happy Mother's Day Sweet Sunday Sketch

Squeal! That's exactly what I did when I saw the fun, fun, fun layout that Karen had ready for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch. Just perfect for scrappy bits of paper and stitching, which, ahem, is only one of my favorite things to do lately.

A perfect layout for a bit of this, and a bit of that. Have an odd scrap that you don't know what to do with, this is just the sort of layout that is handy!

I added a pleated and stitched in place bit of twill tape, and a little rolled paper flower (tutorial will be available this week, I promise!)

Now that its officially Mother's Day, I'll take a little break from this set "Clearly Sentimental About Mothers" from MFT. But that's okay, because I've got LOTS more of these versatile sets in my "collection" and they've quickly become a go-to item for me.

Have a wonderful day today, filled with all the people you love best. I hope you get a few moments to yourself to check out Karen's blog for her sketch and sample, then blurf around with a coffee (or mmmm mimosa?) and visit all the Sweet Sunday Sketchers:

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Motz said...

Love the shabby chic feel of this card. Happy Mom's day!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is pure perfection Joanne! Just what this sketch was meant for! Love your ribbon treatment!!! Happy Mother's Day!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, this just couldn't be cuter! I love your choice of different designer papers for each panel! ... although different, they work so very well together! Your stitching is FANTASTIC! Darling card!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is beautiful Joanne! Love the quilted look and the papers you chose are perfect!

Lynn Put said...

Happy Mother's Day Joanne! What a lovely card you created! The saying, designer papers and twill ribbon with rose all look wonderful!
Enjoy your day!

Kathy Martin said...

Such a pretty card! Those patterned papers are so awesome together! :)

Jen Tapler said...

Oh my, this is beautiful!! That sewing is to die for and I love your pleated ribbon!! GORGEOUS.

Allison said...

Beautiful card! Love the rose and stitching!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful! can't ever get tired of these stamps and the papers! Happy Mother's Day!

Karen Giron said...

Yep! That's it! I'm getting myself a sewing machine! This is fantastic!!! Loving all the different papers and all that glorious stitching!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so pretty Joanne!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning, love this sketch!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover