Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 16, 2011

Wednesday Stamp Club:

***I'm running a Blogaversary Challenge with a chance at a $35 Gift Certificate to My Favorite Things - be sure to check this post for all the details***

Okay friends, here's the truth. This sketch is beautiful, and has so many possibilities, but let me tell you, it scared the pants off of me. I considered going for (another) sentiment based card, but I figured you all might be getting of me doing that for these sketches week after week...

So, I thought I'd be brave....after all I did have new paper to use! This is Cosmo Cricket Upcycle and I though that the vintage patterns were perfect for our friends the Flapperdoodles.

I hadn't yet had a chance to ink up My Favorite Hello from the most recent release. I split up the pair to use one on the front, and one on the inside.... and got a laugh out of this sentiment from Say What? What's great about the MFT products is that you can mix them up for even more creative possibilities....


Even though this sketch scared me, I'm glad chose to tackle it because in the end, this little card puts a smile on my face. And its good to get out of your own head and try something new now and again right? I hope you'll give this sketch a spin yourself - I'll be looking for you in the Splitcoast Galleries!

I really do wish that Kim and Jody lived closer so we could enjoy a glass of wine and a laugh in person on a regular basis, but instead we have marathon phone sessions! Luckily, instead of a corded phone like the Flappers have....I have a fancy wireless headset so I can work, stamp, clean, cook and do laundry while we catch up!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Renee said...

too cute! love the sentiment, perfect for this card! hugz n blessings.

Karen Motz said...

Totally adorable Joanne!!! LOVE the image and sentiment combo...LOVE!!!

Arlene said...

So cute! Those papers are perfect! :-)

kitsNbits said...

Very cute card, love all the layers and the colors

Tasha said...

Oooohhh this is so fun. That dp is fab, grat colours and looks like it was meant for the image
love tasha xx

Jodi Collins said...

This is WAY too cute Joanne! LOVE

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is so darling! Love it Jo!

Evette K. said...

Those flapperdoodles are just so neat. Your card is beautiful and really cute. Thank you for sharing with us. Can never have enough papers is my motto!!!! LOL

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Love this Joanne! The papers are terrific! LOVE the colors! I was so afraid of this sketch! You did a sensational job with it! That saying is perfect for the Flapperdoodles! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

I was scared to death of this sketch, too....geez, lol!! Yours is so CUTE!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover