Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 4, 2011

Inspired by Spring


Today I've got yet another look from My Favorite Things. I am really enjoying all the versatile lines that Kim has developed. I'm finding a stamp in the collection for all my stamping needs.

Today's project has lots of distressing - wrinkling, sewing, and this soft shabby ribbon, I've even got a bit of white crackle paint on the edges. Have YOU cast your entry in this month's Guest Designer contest for My Favorite Things? Today is the LAST day to submit your entry - they're due by 10pm EST on Monday! The entries are always AMAZING - and I love finding out who has won at the release party. Fun times!


Today I'm working with Inspired by Spring - it is vintage in style, soft delicate and just beautifully illustrated. I'm loving this Cherry Blossom image, and grabbed my Watercolor Paper, reinkers and a waterbrush. And yes, the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose paper again. Yes, I'm totally obsessed.

There is a new addition to our scallops collection in the Die-namics product lineup. This is the Simply Scallops Medium Die-namic. The width and height of the strip is the same, only with fewer scallops, so they're each a bit larger. I love having an assortment of scallops depending on the scale of my main image, the size of the panel that they'll be embellishing.


And since I had so much fun with this stamp set the first time, I thought I'd give it another go.....this vintage thing isn't usual style, but I'm so glad I got out of my own little box and played around. I stamped the brand and nest image on top of the scripted paper from My Mind's Eye Stella rose using Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Then I sponged all the edges with distress ink. I am the proud owner of the 12 new Copic Colors and I used them on this sample. Love. Love. Love.


I took a manilla tag and taped it to a scrap piece of canvas, then sewed all around the border and frayed the edges.... The center panel is matted in coffee colored felt, and then stitched in place. I've added a bit of vintage trim as well as a felt Simply Scallops border to the bottom. With all the elements stitched securely in place, this will make a durable bookmark for my bird-loving grandmother. I would have loved to include a self adhesive pearl flourish, but its just too risky if she'll be tucking it inside a book.....potential for ripped pages, with that sticky flourish lodged within a book. Eeks!

Hope you liked my vintage styling today. My eight year old just told me these cards look "wicked old" so I guess I succeeded? *eye roll*

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog today for a full list of all the designers participating in previews today! I'll be back tomorrow with one last preview before our new release Shop Hop!

33 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sherrie said...

Ahhh, both are breath taking! I just about fell over with your tag though...unbelievable stamping and design!

Unknown said...

Both of them are beautiful! The tag especially is so very pretty.

Nancy Thomas said...

Both projects are beautifully done.

bernshwag said...

Joanne you really rocked the vintage look girl! Both projects are stunning........

StampOwl said...

beautiful creations Joanne

Sell WoW Account said...

I love the first one, love it's colors and you've got such a beautiful ribbon on that card. Great job!

Sell WoW Account

Unknown said...

Whenever we tagged ribbon on any kind of model or gift that gives a different and nice look to that object as per my concern.
eye lift

Sarah Gough said...

These are both stunning Joanne, I love the "wicked old" compliment! lol

Kelli Hull said...

OMG! I LMAO over your "wicked old" tag!!! :) :) :) I think that this tag is TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! I would NEVER tuck it into a book... frame that sucker YES! Tuck??? HELL NO!!!

Both card and tag are just to die for gorgeous!!!

Tanja said...

Lovely card and tag, really soft and pretty.

Donna said...

Ooh, I love the bookmark! So pretty, shows off the beautiful stamp set perfectly!

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

Love the tag with nest and your cherry blossoms are fabulous!

Tinkerbeth said...

The colors on the tag and card are fabulous! I am going so broke over this release!

Lisa H. said...

wow! LOVE these, especially your tag. I just got my markers, too....love them. tfs

Nancy Guse said...

Both are great, love the words over the birds nest!

Evette K. said...

Ohhhhhhhhh what great cards. Great designs and coloring. Perfect job gf. Hugs.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are so beautiful

Anonymous said...

I especially love the bookmark, Joanne! So pretty!

Cynthia said...

Both projects are beautiful, Joanne. Great textures on the tag!

Queen Mary said...

I think your cards are wicked cool! :) I love the book mark, I am positive your grandmother will love it! and the card is so elegant!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your card is beautiful! and your tag is amazing!!! Gorgeous creations :)

g said...

these are both just beautiful! Your grandmother is going to so love her new bookmark- it's stunning! I hope you'll create more in this style- you did an amazing job!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

You girls have been so busy it takes a lot of time to do all this I sure appreciate the inspiration from each and everyone one of you.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent and this stunning release has been one of my favorites, but I say that each time.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous work Joanne!

Super Jen said...

So soft and feminine!

Donna Baker said...

beautiful! love those cherry blossoms

Jacqueline said...

Great projects - the tag is cute
Hugs ~ Jacqueline
madebyjacqueline(at)yahoo(dot)ca
Still time to hop on the april bunny blog hop
– 11 great prizes

Susan said...

Love all the shabby goodness on these cards!

krussellstudio said...

So beautiful! The card is awesome and the tag is so cute. Great job!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Oh Joanne, these are FANTASTIC! I LOVE that tag - the felt & canvas are stunning! And I love your coloring of the cherry blossom flowers - So beautiful, and that ribbon is a perfect match for it.

Evette K. said...

Stunning ...well, well done. I am now inspired to create a tag for sure. ty

Jodi Collins said...

Wicked old! LOL! How hysterical! I think that they are wicked elegant girlie! LOVE!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Two more GORGEOUS creations...GORGEOUS.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover