Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 28, 2011

Today I've got a little Pure Innocence: Girl Scout to share with you.  One of my very best friends, asked if I'd put together a few cards for her little scout to give to her troop leaders.  And of course I want to make each of the cards different - so you'll be seeing a few scout-ish cards the next few posts!

Today my little scout is paired with Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer patterned paper, so bright and cheerful (except for the green polka dot, that's a scrap of Girls Paperie Twig and Tinsel....)  I started with Jen's Sketch for you to Try for the month of May, but then didn't want to cover up this cute houses paper...  I added a layer of stitching and a scalloped edge where one panel was to go, and totally skipped the little circular panel.  But, you can see the genesis of my layout.... sometimes I start off with a sketch and then veer off in another direction, and that's okay too. 


I've gotta say, it's amazing how stamping makes me feel better no matter HOW cranky I get.  I can just push aside whatever is bugging me, and focus on this little cutie!

Wishing all of you here in the US a wonderful Memorial Day.  I'm looking forward to a little backyard BBQ  kids playing in the yard and some adult beverages with friends.  My older son will be walking in the Memorial Day parade on Monday (my younger son is thrilled he gets to sign up for scouts next week!)  A big, HUGE thanks to all members of the US Armed forces, both past and present. Thanks for ALL you do! 





4 Comments    Post a Comment:

audra k said...

Love it! You are the BEST for making these for me. See you soon!
-A

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute, Joanne! I'm the same way! Stamping is almost always an instant pick me up!

Sarah Gough said...

why oh why did google reader keep this cuteness from me till today? Bad google! This is SO cute Joanne! I agree - stamping makes me feel better too.

Jody Morrow said...

OMG she is PRECIOUS. Everything about it is PERFECTION!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover