Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 3, 2011

MFT Teaser Time - Day Four

We're up to our Fourth day of Previews for My Favorite Things, and oh my goodness, am I ever so excited about today! Its been quiet on the blog the last two weeks, but secretly I've been preparing TONS of samples for you this month!!

Up first, I was *so* stinking excited to dig in with this month's Homespun Birdhouse Die-namics and Stamp Set. I love being able to create these sweet little scenes. This set was developed giving you LOTS of creative possibilities. I punched out an opening to the bird house and then lined the backside with woodgrain paper. The tiny bird was cut from felt, and then I added a teeny tiny eye with a brad.


Just LOOK at how fabulous the stamp set is, including bird legs, nests, sentiments and a post.
The coordinating Die--namics includes two shaped birds, two sets of wings,
and check it out, the heart coordinates with the heart from Hearts a Plenty
(we're always thinking ahead like that....)
You will LOVE this set!


and check it out, look at all the companion Die-namics created to coordinate!




I used one of the included sentiments and the banner from
First Place Award Ribbon to turn this into a birthday card for a friend....


Oh, but that's not even all I have to share with you today!

I also have a sample to share using the First Class Friend Stamp set and Die-namics.

I went for a vintage postcard type feel with my project today and I incorporated a TON of elements from the set. You'll see the large text block stamped off to the right hand side, I also added the "handle with care" element along the bottom right hand side.
On the right hand side, I've alternated the chevron stripes in red and blue
(doesn't it look like an air-mail envelope?)

I also reached for the heart from the Homespun Birdhouse you saw just above
which I layered over the cancellation stripes, and added a little sentiment circle reading
"wish you were here"

Some of the sentiments are built for a horizontal setting, but I loved this one
"don't count the miles, count the I love you's"



I wasn't kidding, this stamp set is ginormous!


If you've finished this post, you deserve a medal! As you can see, I was super excited about the creative possibilities with both these sets.

Remember to check the MFT Blog today for a full list of participating designers,
AND leave a little love on each of those blog posts for your chance at a Teaser Time Prize.

With a BIG OLD RELEASE coming on Tuesday
you'll want to maximize your chances at winning a little prize money!

42 Comments    Post a Comment:

zehra said...

both cards are cute, the first one has so many dies well coordinated, love the look.

Stephenie said...

your cards are very pretty!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

wow, these are super cute. love the designs and the cute new images and dies

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love both cards! That fence is so awesome~

Rachel G said...

So sweet! Both cards are fabulous!

Kary said...

Hi Joanne! Great cards, love the sweet birdie card..so sweet!

JessicaK said...

so, so sweet. Love the texture on the little birdie.

SemSee said...

I absolutely ADORE these stunning cards Joanne! WOW, WOW, WOW!!! TFS! Hugs, Sem x

Clarissa said...

Fantastic cards Joanne! So much inspiration.

Heather said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the felt bird, so cute :)

Lisa H. said...

two beautiful samles, Joanne! looove 'em both.

Megan said...

Both of these are so pretty! I love that red bird--gorgeous!

Steph Herbert said...

I love all of the texture on the first card and the second just makes me drool. I must have that set and Die-namics. Fabulous cards! :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Jo - crazy stunning!!! LOVE LOVE both!!

xoxo

Tracey said...

These are both fantastic Joanne!!

Ronda Archangelo said...

Love your sweet cards! I'm having a blast hopping around too :)

Melody said...

Two sweet cards full of great little details!

Karen Giron said...

Oh me oh my!!! These peeks are amazing and I cannot wait until next week!!!! ACK!!

Unknown said...

Amazing stuff! I love these new stamps and dies. I'm loving that fence! Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

I love how the fence works so beautifully with the birdhouse set!

Tenny Kusuma said...

SUPER CUTE....Love it. TFS.

Kimberly S. said...

Awwww...sweet little cards! I love all the patterned paper on the first card!

Anonymous said...

Once again both are great cards but I love the fence and branch dies in your first card! TFS your creative talents with us once again!

Jan Garber said...

How sweet, sweet, sweet! Both cards are adorable!

Karen Motz said...

These are adorable! You know I just LOVE the birdhouse card though! Miss you!

Wanda Cullen said...

Awesome cards! Especially love the way you paired the birdhouse with the fence and pennant dies!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love both of them! The red bird is the perfect touch in the first one and love the postcard feel to the second!

Katie Skiff said...

Holy Hanna....that is a lotta good stuff!! Can't wait til Tuesday!! (well except that I wanna enjoy the long weekend!!) CUTE cards!!

Jodi Collins said...

I just LOVE these Joanne!!! Perfection!!

RedGem said...

Both of these cards are just so beautiful. I just love the dies-cuts for the bird house and the red bird is sooo cute!

scootingranny said...

Really like the text-paper used on both cards. Very nice

Flo said...

Cute cards. Good use of the dies.

tiff said...

Love your cards! Especially that cute red felt bird!

Jennie said...

Fab designs!! Love the red bird, just pops!

DG said...

Fabulous. I love the red felt accents - so perfect for both cards - they stand out so much.

Helen said...

Love both these cards. That little bird house is just sooo cute sitting near the fence.

jeanne girl said...

I can't decide which set I like the most but have to order both!!! Love your cards :)

Kimberly said...

I am going to have try using felt. I can't believe I haven't yet. The birdie looks fantastic in felt. TFS!
kimsparks636@aol.com

jodylynn said...

I just love everything about the red-bird card!

Kelli Hull said...

Look at YOU!!!! These are BOTH SUPER GREAT CARDS!!!!!

~ Anne ~ said...

A-DOR-A-ABLE!!! I'd have a happy smile if I received this in my mailbox!

~ Anne K

Jody Morrow said...

Those are gorgeous! Love them both!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover