Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 16, 2011

Feature Friday...Fabric


A customer on the MFT Facebook page asked about how to use your Die-namics dies with fabric.  Which was the inspiration for this week's Feature Friday Video. We're here to help, so please let me know if you have any specific questions!

I've used three different types of fabric in this project, regular fabric scraps, lightweight cotton canvas and burlap (loving burlap, you'll see a lot of it in the next month or so!)

And there's a great way to cut fabric so that you don't have rough hanging edges.  I've backed my fabric with Heat and Bond before running it through my die-cutting machine. Easy peas and I love the smooth edges.  Worth the extra minute of preparation.... You'll see step by step how I've done it in today's Feature Friday Video below or over HERE on YouTube.

Here's my finished sample with Own Your Story and Simply Scallops from My Favorite Things.  I also used the Large Rolled Rose cut from burlap for my embellishment. Clearly this card is NOT mailable, but I still love that rose! Patterned paper today is from October Afternoon Farmhouse. I love, love the ivory and grey combination.





4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

So soft and pretty Joanne - the burlap adds just the right amount of texture.

Gabby said...

Very nice card! Love the fabrics w/the linen and burlap. Also like the burlap flower. I have tried repeatedly to cut burlap with my dies and the fraying is out-of-control. I will try the heat bond. THANKS for the instructional video. Quite helpful. Gabby :)

Vickie Z said...

Love those pearls nestled in burlap and all the scallops!!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is GORGEOUS! I *love* the burlap!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover