Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 30, 2011

How to Tie a Loopy Bow!


I think the question I'm asked the most, is regarding bows.  So, I thought as part of my regular Feature Friday videos for My Favorite Things that I'd give that a whirl. 

The truth is, that the bow is never going to look good when you first tie it.  It needs a bit of fussing around, to get the tails in place, to adjust the loops to the right volume.  I've shown how I do it on the video below. You'll find options for tying a bow with one tail behind and one tail in front, and, I've shown a version with both loops up top, and both tails hanging below.  

As for WHAT I use for tying a bow, my preference is 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Saddle Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and Cotton Twill Ribbon.  

I don't have a *huge* variety of ribbons, just LOTS of the ones that I love the most! 



Here's my finished sample with Pure Innocence: Snow Day along with the new Mini Wavy Pennants Die-namics which will be available beginning Tuesday, January 3rd at 10pm EST! I've paper-pieced this little image with the new October Afternoon Farmhouse patterned paper.  (((love it)))


If this technique doesn't work for you, then I'll have a bow tying video for you again soon, 
one with the "Cheater's Bow" and one with the "Tailored Bow."

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute card - such a sweet lil image. Love the video, very helpful. I never get a perfect bow the first time!!

Michele Boyer said...

Totally adorable! LOVE your piecing!

Jenni said...

sweet little PI!! great card!! Thanks for the video. Bow tieing is a learned skill! ;)

jennik

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, love the bow!

Betty Meyskens said...

Really cute card - great paper piecing. I never think to do that, but now you have got me thinking. Thank you for posting the awesome video tutorial on the bow tying - they are very pretty and look so easy.

Peggy said...

Adorable card. You are so good at paper piecing. Thank you also for sharing the video on tying bows.
God bless,
Peggy

stampingbowd said...

I have been watching your ribbon video for 2 days!!!! I appreciate the help!!!

your cards are gorgeous!!!!

Jennifer said...

Such a cute card, Joanne!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make the helpful video!!!!!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover