Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 30, 2011

How to Tie a Loopy Bow!


I think the question I'm asked the most, is regarding bows.  So, I thought as part of my regular Feature Friday videos for My Favorite Things that I'd give that a whirl. 

The truth is, that the bow is never going to look good when you first tie it.  It needs a bit of fussing around, to get the tails in place, to adjust the loops to the right volume.  I've shown how I do it on the video below. You'll find options for tying a bow with one tail behind and one tail in front, and, I've shown a version with both loops up top, and both tails hanging below.  

As for WHAT I use for tying a bow, my preference is 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Saddle Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon and Cotton Twill Ribbon.  

I don't have a *huge* variety of ribbons, just LOTS of the ones that I love the most! 



Here's my finished sample with Pure Innocence: Snow Day along with the new Mini Wavy Pennants Die-namics which will be available beginning Tuesday, January 3rd at 10pm EST! I've paper-pieced this little image with the new October Afternoon Farmhouse patterned paper.  (((love it)))


If this technique doesn't work for you, then I'll have a bow tying video for you again soon, 
one with the "Cheater's Bow" and one with the "Tailored Bow."

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover