Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 10, 2012

Blessed Mouse

With such a huge release at My Favorite Things each month a few things are certain.

#1 - no matter how early I start, I'll never get a chance to use all of the items in the release, no matter how much I love them.

#2 - I will make a complete, and total mess of my desk.

So, with that being said, I watched a little DVR'd television and sat down to clean my desk.  I won't lie, it was hideous.  I think you might have seen the gazillion cards I made for the New Product Tour?  

After I cleaned all the way down to the desktop, put away all my Die-namics and emptied the trash.  I cleaned up a million dimensional backings off the floor.  Sorted out my patterned paper. And then looked at the collection of stamps that I wanted to use from this release, but never got around to.

So, of course, that meant that I had to make just *one* more card.   Rather than direct linking throughout the post, I've got all the visual links at the bottom of the post today... 



This is Blessed Mouse "It's Your Birthday"  I paired with some new October Afternoon patterned paper, and this scrap of grid paper - which I think might be an old scrap of Cosmo Cricket.  I hoard ledger, grid and text patterned paper like you wouldn't believe. They're great basics that will mix with just about anything.

I added a Layered Rose Die-namics and the Royal Leaves both cut from MFT Felt.  I finished it off with a small button.   I diced up the Sentiment Strips to stagger the sentiment.



5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tonya said...

This is darling. I love the paper and that pretty flower. The image is so adorable.

Katie Skiff said...

The card is so cute, I love the flower and stitched flags. I don't feel bad for you HAVING to play and make such a mess. ;) glad you did.. I always enjoy your creations.

Lisa H. said...

she is on my agenda for today, too. Love your card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Joanne! Love the felt flower and leaves!

Karen Motz said...

This is so soft and sweet Joanne! Love her polka dot shirt and the gorgeous flower!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover