Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 25, 2012

The Thing About Courage

I'm late late late to the party, but squeezing in an entry for the CR84FN Design Team Call.  The inspiration photos there are always so lovely, but for whatever reason, I honestly thought the deadline wasn't till next week.  Oops.  (This back to school craziness has my mind in a spin.)



It's been a while since I've done some late night stamping (and it was a late night) but the house was finally quiet, and I had a beautiful inspiration photo to work with.  Thank goodness for the possibility of an extra cup of coffee this morning, it's going to be a rough one.

I knew I had some denim-ish papers in that scrap bin, but then, I tripped across this chippy blue paint one, which to me still reads rustic, denim loved and worn.

I'm using a sentiment from Vertical Greetings and I'm really having a blast with the new Flower Medley Die-namics.  In particular, I love how it looks cut from felt and with a twine tied button sitting right on top.



All these papers are directly from the scrap-bin, nothing is a matched set today.  I'm using Hot Fudge Cardstock for all my accents, and loads of distress ink on all the papers.  I'll admit that I totally decimated the desk that was at long last finally clean and organized. I'm going to need to sort that out today, but at 1am, that was just not a priority.

Admittedly, deciding to zig-zag stitch a layer after the card is fully assembled isn't ideal, but that certainly didn't stop me.  I meticulously pulled off all the dimensional foam I'd added to the cardbase and then zipped the card through.  I may or may not have, (read that as most certainly did) hold my breath while stitching and prayed that I didn't mess up the card.  In the end, it was just the touch I needed.  Phew!

Be sure to join the girls at CR84FN to see this week's inspiration, as well as all the samples that have been loaded.  Oh won't you please wish me luck? Thanks a million!



Here's links to all the products I've used in today's post. Thanks SO much for stopping by today!


7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Heather Rogers said...

I totally understand the back to school craziness too. I am finally back into a routine. I love that felt flower and cork on the bottom of the label. Thanks for joining us this week at CR84FN. :)

Katie Skiff said...

WOW... this card is brilliant. I love that crackle paper it just pops!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Joanne! Love the framed sentiment and the beautiful layered felt blossom! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cork, and crackled paint patterns, such great textures.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

g said...

so pretty!i love it! sending good thoughts but you so don't need luck with your awesome, mad skills! any team would happily make a spot for you :) can't wait to see more!

Deborah Frings said...

The chipped paper looks so real!! Love the details with the stitching, the cork and felt flower. Super card! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Sue Lelli said...

Joanne, LOVE all the textures and that crackled blue paint paper! Funny about the sewing AFTER the assembly - something I would do, too! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover