Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 7, 2012

Trick or Treat - Let's Get Spooky

Okay friends, here's a confessions. I loathe Halloween.  I can't help it, my kids have some severe food allergies and this holiday becomes a huge source of anxiety for me.  I end up pre-delivering candy throughout the neighborhood so they can participate in a safe way.  There I said it, I hate Halloween.

The problem is. My kids love it.  My younger son in particular loves nothing better than getting dressed up in costume.  Like, weekly.  His halloween costumes don't get packed up or donated, he wears them all the time.  So, I play along like Halloween is the greatest thing ever.

My Favorite Things has lots of FUN fun items coming up for Halloween in case you love it, or mostly because your kids surely do.  Up first I'm using the super cute and fun to use Spiderweb Stamp Set and Die-namics.  The spiderweb is HUGE like fill a card front huge, but I'm using just a bit of it here.


I tucked a bit of twine under the web, and then attached it to the back of the spider.  This fun layout is from the Mojo Monday Sketch this week.  You can just barely see the Award Seal Die-namics peeking out from behind.  It's cut from Black Licorice Felt. As is the bottom jagged edge of the Harlequin Die-namics that you see poking out here....  I've got a little bit of Kraft Ribbon for the Flag layer of the layout....

And if you haven't picked up some of the MFT Buttons yet, go ahead and treat yourself.  I'm using the Black Licorice, Natural and Tangy Orange on today's card. 


But wait, I've got another preview for you.  My Favorite Things is also releasing the new Lollipop Treat Die-namics and Stamp Set on Monday night.  These are a great way to dress up a little treat, either little goodies for class, or party favors.  If you're the fun mom in the neighborhood, you could easily whip up a basket full of these from your paper scraps while you catch up on DVR'd television. 




I made half of these with MFT Tangy Orange Cardstock and stamped on them, and the other half were made from patterned paper.


These are now safely hidden from my kids (and me) so that we don't eat them all.  Too bad I didn't hide the bag of Mellowcreme Pumpkins, because I ate them. Every single one.


I added a little accent  to the patterned paper ones with the Fishtail Flags STAX.  I've gotta say that these are so quick and easy to put together that you could have your kids help with the assembly.  

Okay friends, here's the full stamp sets and Die graphics for the two sets I'm using today!  



Be sure to check the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers with samples to share with you. 

Don't forget, here are the details on this month's release: 
  • You can attend the New Release Party on September 10 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can WIN PRIZES!
  • The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on September 10 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
  • The guest designer contest is going on now! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics.
  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on September 10 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.




Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover