Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 13, 2012

Pre-Release Pep Rally - Getting Gifty


We've teased and tempted you all week, and it is ALMOST time for the New Release at My Favorite Things.  And I do mean *nearly* - today we have our Pre-Release Pep Rally and then tonight at 10pm EST the new stamps and Die-namics will be available for sale.

I hadn't had a chance to use the new Jumbo Stocking Die-namics, let me say there are SO many spectacular Die-namics this month.  I had cut a mini one out of burlap on Day One of teasers, but I loved it so much, I wanted to make another jumbo burlap one. 

This Die-namics is large enough that you could hang it as a Christmas ornament, or add it to a piece of home decor.  Today I'm using it on a gift bag.  I like to keep a healthy stash of alterable bags from Michael's so that I can easily pull together a quick bag wrap. I've been on a Christmas tag binge lately, but gift bags will be equally handy in the next few weeks.


I opted to cut the holly leaf twice, and instead of the holly berries included in the die set. I used one of the new Paver Red buttons with a length of Hemp Cord.  The cuff of the stocking was cut from Sweet Tooth Felt. 

If you have a Vagabond, you'll easily be able to cut burlap by adding the Metal Adaptor Plate and a cardstock shim.  If you don't happen to have a Vagabond, you can find some tips on cutting fabric or burlap with your Die-namics in this quick video I'd written a few months ago.  



Pretty soon the Seasonal Sentiments Stamp Set will be available for individual purchase. If you didn't earn it already as part of the Triple Scoop Rewards program, you'll really want to pick it up come Tuesday night. It is loaded with beautiful holiday sentiments that you'll certainly be able to use over the next few weeks!

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers with samples to share! I look forward to chatting with you tonight at the New Release Party HERE on the MFT Forum.







25 Comments    Post a Comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

beautiful, I love it

Tonya said...

This is an awesome bag! Great details.

Gypsy 2 said...

Love the use of burlap for the stocking.I love the new paver red...so vintage Christmas.

Alina said...

Sweet bag! great for Christmas gifts!

jonim52 said...

Fabulous gift bag!

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous bag!! Love it!

Cindi said...

Great little bag! Love the burlap stocking.

Casandra Bennett said...

Ooh, pretty burlap stocking on a gifty bag. :)

wendy said...

great idea, love the burlap ! what a cute gift bag

Shari said...

Joanne, your gift bag is awesome! I love the stocking cut out in burlap!

Hugs;
Shari

Birgit said...

How sweet! What a wonderful way to create your own gift bag.

Queen Mary said...

Joanne! This is beautiful! The burlap for the stocking totally makes this with the paper bag -- I mean it! Now I have to find a gift that will fit into one of those bags! :) XOXO, Mary

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful bag, Joanne -- lovin' the stocking and holly dies!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty gift bag. Love the burlap stocking. TFS

Golda said...

Love the look of the burlap!

Katie Skiff said...

YAY for release day and the party!! I love your bag - I love the burlap on the stocking. Cute idea!! I think I might need the shim to help me with some of my dies on the Big Shot.

Rufred said...

OMG...LOVE the burlap look...so country!!

BethieJ said...

Your gift bag is LOVELY! I really love the burlap stocking!!!
Have a GREAT day.. Thanks for a FUN INSPIRING week!!

Liz said...

So much on my wish list

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! I LOVE the Gift Bag!! All the elements are SO BEAUTIFUL in their own way!! THANKS for sharing all week your creations were AMAZING!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Morag said...

Love the cards... but the funniest thing for me was as I scrolled down to comment there was a Dutch ad under your "Just a Little Ad" spot... so unexpected it made me giggle... the internet is too smart!

Thanks for the link to the tutorial on cutting fabric - I am considering a Vagabond so it was good to watch.

g said...

so pretty! i can't wait to start making holidays tags and bags too! these dies are all amazing!!

stampingbowd said...

Fabulous gift bag!!!! What a fun way to use the stocking Die-namic!

Alina said...

very pretty gift bag, Joanne, I love your burlap stocking!!

Gabby said...

Very cute bag design. Like the paper and woodgrain die cut w/sentiment. Great stocking. :) I ran out of H&B. Consequently, from handling, some of my smaller cuts have become too frayed to use, or they actually fell apart. H&B is a great "tool." It's on tomorrow's shopping list. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover