Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 29, 2013

More with Pretty Poppies

It appears that spring has finally decided to arrive here in Boston and I couldn't be happier. It's been a LONG winter. 

I'm still having so much fun stamping with Lisa Johnson's new Pretty Poppies set, I hope you don't mind seeing another card with this set.  If you haven't picked this set up yet, I really recommend it, it's just SO pretty and great to stamp with.  You may have noticed that I've done a little masking here to build this arrangement.  

The blooms were stamped first with Electric Red ink, then covered with a mask.  Then I used Jellybean Green to ink the stems, then stamped in the leaves and the bud. Finally, you simply remove the mask and voila, the stems are "behind" the blooms.  Be sure to leave me a note if you don't know what I'm talking about and I can get working on a quick little tutorial.  


I've added a quick Photo Corners Die-namics complete with a Kraft Button and a bit of Hemp Cord.  I have this fun chunky black glitter that works just perfectly for the poppy centers.  


8 Comments    Post a Comment:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Stunning! Love the masked technique!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh this is just beautiful!!! The chunky glitter was a PERFECT embellishment!! May I ask what manufacturer it is? Have a wonderful Easter!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Joanne! I love the chunky glitter and the corrugated photo corner!!

Anonymous said...

Honey!!!! This is gorgeous, I am so copying this card right now.... :)

scrappingnana said...

This is so pretty. Love the poppies.

Christy said...

LOVE the corrugated cardboard corner!

Alex said...

Very beautiful.
Your blog design are free ?
You paid money for your blog design ?

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS Joanne! LOVE the photo corner!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover