Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 25, 2013

Photo Editing on the Go with Pic-Tap-Go


Summer vacation is HERE and I'm headed out on an adventure with the boys.  Only a few crafty supplies are making the journey with me... so today, I have a little tutorial for you about photo editing.  I have a few tips to share, so I'll be working on a few posts from vacation!  

You may have noticed, but I’ve really enjoyed working with My Favorite Things Stamps and Die-namics to get a little more scrappy.

A few months ago, I wrote a tutorial for My Favorite Things about photographing your cards, pages and projects.  Lots of information about setup, lighting, and some post shoot editing.  I’m certainly
Since I’ve started tweaking my camera photos in post-production, my iPhone photos were feeling sort of flat.   

I carry my real camera around a LOT but not all the time.  Using  Pic-Tap-Go I’ve been hapy to give my my iPhone photos a little boost. Being a little more comfortable with  my iPhone photos means I almost never miss a moment.

You can pretty up those iPhone snapshots for use in your mini books, or simply for your Facebook timeline.  I just like adding a quick filter to make them more like my regular pictures.



You can apply a filter to your photos, and even layer filters for added creative possibilities.   For example, here's just a glimpse of the filters you can add to a photo. So many options to play with!



Each filter can also be adjusted on a sliding scale.  Just drag this little sliding button to the side.... 



You can crop right within the program...



It’s easy peasy, and um, a little addictive?  Then with a quick click, it’s saved to your camera roll.

Pic-Tap-Go is available as a iPhone app, the price is only $1.99 and you'll LOVE the way it gives your photos an instant boost!


For me, mini book making isn’t about having a totally perfect photo, it’s about capturing those quick memories, and getting them onto a page.  My kids love looking through the pile of them that is collecting in a little basket in my living room, and they’re fun to have out for when we have company to sift through.  

I’m working on another quick post to show you how to crop and resize your photos for use in layouts and minis, to get a very specific size to print to make your page making all that much easier! See you with that tutorial soon.......

Till that is read, here are a few examples of My Favorite Things stamps and Die-namics in action for scrapbooking, you can find links to each of the original blog posts with each project just below. Thanks for stopping by today!










2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

thanks for the tips, Joanne. I love all your info. think I need this app. We took the majority of our vacation photos with my iphone. My big camera was too BIG to lug around the parks at Disney. :)

dianemdb said...

my favorite is the little pirate, but all of your cards are great!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover