Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 6, 2013

MFT Release - Now Available!

I have a LOT of photos to share with you from the project I've been busy working on for the My Favorite Things New Release.  I had so much fun working on this, and I've made a complete disaster.

Remember that all the new stamps and Die-namics are NOW available on in the MFT Boutique. I hope you'll head on over and see all that is ready for you in the Brand Spankin' New category

I'm showing off items from Laina Lamb Designs - World Traveler Die-namics, Hit the Road Die-namics and the Enjoy the Journey stamp set.  Along the way, I've tucked in LOTS of fun stamps and Die-namics to fill out each page.  Along the way, I've added in the new Mini Album Torn Notebook STAX Die-namics.


The book is made from Steel Grey Card Stock, all matting is with Black Licorice Card Stock and the main pages are all from Sno Cone Card Stock.

Here's a page by page look at the whole album.  I've used the Collage Backgrounds to stamp Whip Cream Card stock before Die-cutting to make these pretty text printed roses.  The "Road Trip" sentiment is include in Enjoy the Ride. SUCH a fun set!


I layered and layered that front, there's lots of Die-namics tucked in there:
Circle STAXKeys and Locks Die-namicsRoyal RoseMini Royal RosesRoyal LeavesSkyline Die-namicsHigh-Rise Numbers, Labels and Tabs Die-namics

Moving onto the inside, I did a little scene building using the Hit the Road Die-namics & World Traveler Die-namics - I'm using the Mini Album Torn Notebook Paper STAX as the base of my little scene.  The sentiment was stamped with the new Whip Cream Pigment Ink. I just LOVE this stuff!  I used two of my new sequins for the headlights....


We actually tucked in a ferry ride on our boat trip, this is a picture of us crossing Lake Champlain.  I used Story Titles as a photo frame, and then added the cute dotted swiss scallop included in this month's Blueprints 6 Die-namics.  The beautiful anchor from World Traveler is attached by a bit of hemp cord.


Here's a peek at the gorgeous condo we rented in Montreal, it was amazing to be right in the center of the city with easy Metro access.  After hearing "ARE WE THERE YET" for 5 hours, it was awesome to get out of the car, stretch our legs and explore.  The sentiment from Enjoy the Ride and the fun little map icon both are sitting on the File Tab Die-namics


I reached for my Collage Backgrounds and stamped some scraps before die-cutting with my Fishtail Flags. A natural button tied with hemp cord sits on top.  By tying the bow behind the hot glued button I can be sure it doesn't get crumpled, or untied.  I paired a sentiment from Enjoy the Ride with the "to remember" from Expand Your View.  I added a set of gears that I cut with the Time Pieces Die-namics from corrugated cardboard, and then painted with Distress Crackle Pain.


The next page is a photo from the boys at the EcoSphere - we also visited the EcoDome - both really amazing exhibits.  My science loving boys had a LOT to see on this trip.   I love that little globe icon included in World Traveler!  I cut it from Sno Cone, then backed it with Factory Green card stocks.  The word "ECO" was stamped using the new Cooper Alphabet.


Here is one of my FAVORITE photos from the whole trip.  My boys each brought their cameras along for the trip and I loved watching them setting up their shots, and looking around for interesting camera angles. This makes my heart SO happy.  I embellished this page with the Film Strip Die-namics, it sits over  strip of Whip Cream card stock which has been stamped with Collage Backgrounds.  The cute camera with a heart lens is included in Enjoy the Ride. LOVE IT.


I used the Mini Album Torn Notebook STAX Die-namics on this page to include a fun photo of the boys. They have bad food allergies and were thrilled that the food in Canada was apparently much safer for them than here. There were lots of treats that they could have on vacation that are off limits here, so we filled up on candy to bring home for occasional treats.  I was psyched that this little knife and fork icon was nestled into the Enjoy the Ride stamp set



Just in case you aren't into mini book making, or scrapping, don't worry, these stamps and Die-namics make for some pretty quick and cute cards too! Since my desk was already full of lots of card stock, stamps and ink, I figured I'd go ahead and create a little card for you tonight too.  

I will fully admit that I was a little scared of the Plaid Builder when I first set eyes on it, but let me just say, this was EASY and FUN to do.  Two of the stamps in the set are actually joined sets of lines, so using my Fiskar's Stamp Press and my new MFT Pigment Ink I had this background done in a jiffy. While you can use the individual lines to create your very own intricate patterns, you can also quickly, and easily use the bigger clusters of lines to build that background easily! Woo-hoo! 

The stamp press has lines to help ensure I'd spaced things out accordingly, and the ink is absolutely AMAZING for background work like this.  Just a quick bit of heat-setting to get the ink dried (pigment does dry slower, so a quick zap of the heat gun and I was in business.) 


My main and focal panels were both cut with the Blueprints 6 Die-namics (which is AWESOME) and I cut two fluffy clouds using Whip Cream Felt and the Jumbo Cloud STAX

I've included links to the products used in this project just below - and I used a TON of different Dies.   Since I was having so much fun, I thought I'd go ahead and make one more little card to go with it.  Thanks for joining me tonight, be sure to head on over to the MFT Blog for a full list of designers participating in tonight's New Product Tour!




13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Annheidel said...

What a neat little album! So many wonderful details.

Tricia T said...

What a great album, Joanne! I love the card, too! The colors are great and I love the plaid!!

Karen Giron said...

Beautifully done, Jo! I love that color combo and all the little details you add to each page are so perfect. Looks like you all have a FAB time!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I LOVE it. Fabulous.

Cindy Lawrence said...

My goodness, that is one fantastic mini album! Love all your perfectly coordinated details, and of course the photos are fabulous! Looks like an amazing vaca! Beautiful job on the plaid card as well!

Melody said...

Love, love it! So many wonderful details and great keepsake. And my desk was a real mess after my mini album creation too!

Alina said...

beautiful album, Joanne, great details!! very pretty card too!

Gypsy 2 said...

Great projects..what a fabulous way to finish this release!

Unknown said...

Love the details in your album Joanne. Did you make 1 for each little guy?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wendy said...

Fab memory book!

Chris said...

that is one fabulous album. made me wish I was on the trip with you.

JoAnn said...

This is fabulous. Love all the special details and the photos too. TFS

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover